Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 300c SRT8
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a seized lifter that was causing the infamous TICK NOISE. Since I have to replace the CAM, could anyone recommend a good cam and head that would pass the emissions laws in California.

I have heard that HHP has a stage one that could work. Anyone out there that could provide reviews?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Since you're in "smog nazi" country, you obviously need to be real careful on cam selection and I'd just leave the stock headers and mids. on it and maybe go with a good, low restriction cat. back. You won't be able to go with long tube headers or anything like that, as you'll fail, UNLESS everything is CARB approved. Your title said, "headers" and in the text, you said, "head". If you're looking for performance heads.....ported/polished, etc., I wouldn't do it with a "mildly" modified 6.1.

I have an 06 300C SRT8 and had a similar cam/lifter problem. I opted to leave the exhaust completely stock, and went with a mild Comp. cam that improved the low RPM range which is where it's driven probably 95% of the time. I also have two moderately modded 5.7 vehicles too that I did the full head trick on....port, polish, mill the heads and, IMO, the gains with the stock displacement (about 25-30 hp) weren't worth the $$$$. Cams, headers and other items in my signature helped way more. I figure, on the 5.7's, that my horsepower is about the same as a stock 6.1 now. FWIW, the cam I used in the 6.1 was a Comp. P/N 112-500-11 and all new lifters and valve springs. Mine had 164K on it when I did this so I also did a valve job which it really didn't need. The biggest difference in the cam specs. over the stock cam is the Lobe Separation Angle which is 117* on the stock cam and 113* on the Comp. cam. This moves the power/torque ranges to a lower RPM. It'll still rev. to 6200-6400 RPM, but the power falls off quite a bit much beyond 5800 RPM. I have my WOT shift points set at 5900-6000 RPM.

Reactions: Str8dope
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.