Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps. I'm having a problem with my car running on four cylinders. I have no solenoids just plugs and need to turn off Mds with a tuner.

Does anyone live in the uk and will turn off my Mds on my 300c 5.7. I will gladly come to you and pay you. Please I'm desperate and can't drive my car.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
heres the thing.....Diablosport tuners can turn off MDS, but theyre 'married' to the owner's car because they read the car's computer and VIN code and lock this into its function. The tuner will allow certain minor adjustments to other cars, e.g I've cleared codes from a diesel 300C without 'unmarrying' my tuner. You have 2 issues here.
1. The only people in the UK with Diablosport tuners will be V8 owners ..... and theyre not common over here
2. I dont know if switching off the MDS is one of the minor functions that are allowed without 'unmarrying' the tuner - and no, you cant unmarry the tuner, marry it to another car, fix an issue and unmarry it again - the fix is locked into the marriage.

so if someone in the USA can tell us if the MDS on a car can be switched off without unmarrying the tuner from its original, that will be a step forward

The only other method would be to find someone with a dealer's computer.....and pretty much that means a dealer only (in the UK at least). There are aftermarket dealer style machines around, but I dont know an owner over here who has one. Whats your exact location in GB?

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I have no solenoids just plugs and need to turn off Mds with a tuner.
How does one not have the solenoids, besides some back alley, fly-by-night, illiterate mechanic screwing with them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts