Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone can tell me the best ways to fill these holes from the rear wing... I want to smooth them out, and then I am having the rear wing Airbrushed on there so it will not need the hole trunk repainted or anything like that!

I would loke to do it on my own, to avoid big charges to do it.

Any help you can give would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i was told by a shop that the rear deck was aluminum and a standard welder wouldn't work.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The trunk is aluminum. But I'm not aware of the process to fill the holes properly. Your tails lights look amazing!!! :fing02: Where did you have them done?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
is it possible to peel the inner trunk liner away and place some sort of backing and then fill the little holes with some body filler?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The trunk lid is aluminum. there are a couple ways to think about. the best would be to weld up the holes and go from there. aluminum isn't much different than steel as far as welders go. you can keep tig cooler than mig, which means you may be able to have less painting. there's some good epoxies that would do you fine though and the airbrush guy could feather it in where you couldn't tell, if he's any good. only you'll know the kind of job you did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts