Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sort of.
The ultrasonic transducer design for air transmission are inherrantly low power devices. Air is very lossy medium for acoustic (pressure) wave transmission.
Piezoelectric transducers don't move much compared to e.g. a loudspeaker. Gases (air) have loosely connected molecules so require large movement transducer otherwise the pressure wave is absorbed within short distance.

However ultrasonic transducers (40KHz to 300KHz) are used in water which is a much better medium to transmit acoustic pressure because the molecules are tightly packed together e.g.
medical ultrasound for checking baby development
marine depth sounders, fish finders, sonar location etc

Cheers

·
Registered
841 Posts
From the look of the wiring diagram it should be possible to interpose a single pole switch between the sentry module and it's power feed - there is a Red/Yellow wire leading in to the sentry module that comes from the fuse panel (Fuse 14) so a switch in that circuit should allow you to disable the alarm.

Alternatively there would be a signal wire from the sunroof into the CAN bus that could similarly be interrupted with a switch. This naturally assumes that the sentry module doesn't check for input signals from the sensor.
versus

A small piece of electrical or masking tape over the sensor...should do the trick :)
I love Australians.

Reminds me of NASA v the Russian space programme: both were trying to solve the problem of how to write in space.

The Americans got their major pen companies involved with the problem of ink flow in zero gravity: how do you get the ink onto the paper without gravity drawing the ink down the tube through the ball point and onto the paper? After months and millions of dollars in research Papermate eventually came up with a pen that will write in zero-g and is still marketed today as the pen that will write upside down.

The Russians used a pencil.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ahahahaha that's great! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
hi-tech vs lo-tech
i'm basically lazy so "the easy way" always appeals :cool:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Isn't that the Aussie way if theirs a shortcut or a easy way to do something we take it over the complicated full detailed safety first kinda way.
Thats where we get called lazy mistakenly really its just working smarter. lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring this up from the dead, This is also my first post.
i having a similar issue but with my 2nd gen 300c.
where is the location of the sonic receiver in this car. cant see anything on the C-Pillar?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts