Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys yesterday my awd driveshaft snapped from the yoke. Theres none local i checked junk yards and oart outs on facebook and nothing so i was wondering can i drive my car without that driveshaft untill the new one comes in. I already took it off im sure there should be no issue only difference is the car will be rwd so overall. Can someone just confirm to me if i can still drive the car without that driveshaft till i get the new one in

·
Registered
755 Posts
So you've got the Magna-Steyr MS140 transfer case. That's a full-time AWD system, no way to disable it.

On the plus side, it's all mechanical with no electronics. I'd say to drive it a short distance, and put it up in the air to check for any issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you've got the Magna-Steyr MS140 transfer case. That's a full-time AWD system, no way to disable it.

On the plus side, it's all mechanical with no electronics. I'd say to drive it a short distance, and put it up in the air to check for any issues.
Even without the driveshaft connected to it itll work? Hows that work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't understand your questions.
Look. The driveshaft to my transfercase snapped from the yoke. I took it off im asking can i drive the car with that shaft removed. Only thing i can think of is the car wont be awd since nothing is connected to the transfercase to make it spin. The awd isnt gunna work if theres nothing to spin the transfercase..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts