Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if and how to lock the car but not activate the ultrasonic sensors. So I can leave a dog or small sleeping child inside - for a very short time and not in the heat etc, etc

·
Registered
623 Posts
Small children are far better in the heat .... improves the flavour :biggrin:

Was actually wondering that myself, as I left the wee man in the car one day and the alarm went off, bloody hell it's loud :yikes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Since I don't have an after market alarm, I seem to be able to lock without alarm all the time. This was the norm, when my fob was broken, since I didn't want to hear the alarm go off every time I unlocked the car. Since my four doors were already locked and only the driver's side became unlocked after turning off the car, I just inserted the key once I exited and locked the door. This doesn't work if you use the power locks, as it will arm the system. If you happen to use the power lock, you must place key back in ignition (and sometimes turn key), unlock drivers door and then close again and relock, using the key.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Actually it's very simple if you have the factory system. Lock all doors except the drivers door by pushing the locking mechanism on your armrest, Lift up the driver's side door lock knob and push it down, which will lock it manually without setting the alarm! I've got mine set where when I get out of the car all I have to do is push down the driver's side knob because the other 3 are locked and the alarm doen't come on this way. If I want to arm it ,after I open the door I mash the armrest locking button and the alarm is activated!
Hope this makes sense!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Do you mean lift the drivers lock knob up by grabbing it with your fingers(fnarr fnarr),if you do mean that I cant lift mine cos it sits flush with the door panel

·
Registered
315 Posts
Use the key fob to lock the car as norml then press the lock button 2/3 times more. This disarms the interior sensors
Deriock

·
Registered
771 Posts
UK Chrysler, yes, thats exactly what I mean. Mine is not flush, did you alter yours! I can reach behind my drivers seat and pull the lock up in the back window also!
Derick, if you do it with the fob, aren't your sensors disarmed until you reset them. My way you don't have go go through all that and the next time if you want have the security, just lock with the armrest lock!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
No,mine are flush on both front doors,I havent altered anything,thats how I got it from new,the rears stick up a little but the fronts are definately flush when locked

·
Registered
771 Posts
Maybe there's a difference between the SRT8 and 300C or yours are screwed down furthur ?:biggrin:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Bigsnake
Yes the internal sensors remain disarmed until you unlock and relock the car with the remote. If someone smashes a window the alarm will not activate - but if the idea is to be able leave a dog inside ??

Derick

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yes, I understand about the dog. What I was trying get across is that it's much easier to just use the locking button(?)by the window instead of the fob for the same purpose! All I have to do when I get out is push down the button and the alarm is not activated. To activate I either lock with the armrest button or with the fob!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'll give that a try . Thanks - we learn a little every day hopefully. Drive safe.
Dercik

1 - 12 of 12 Posts