Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I put on fog lights on a 300 base that didn't come with fog lights? Will I have to change the bumper? My 300 just has a plastic non-painted cover where the fog lights should be. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i was thinking of fod lights on my base 300 but i think it looks cleaner without them

but

yeah u can put fog light

theirs a shop down here that puts them on but they were charging me 200

so i said no

·
Registered
236 Posts
trafficjam1977,

Hello, This is Brian Carotenuto. There is some information out there that may help you. There is a kit available to add fog lights to the base model 300 (I have a base model 300, as well) I believe that any of the supporting vendors (I can recommend Mopar Super Center!) can get you a price on the kit. I had looked into doing this a while back as well, but the labor costs could be expensive. The front fascia would have to be removed and the two covers pop off from the other side, the wiring harness would need to be run from the front of the car where the foglights are connected to the front power distribution center under the hood, and a new headlight switch would need to be installed as well. (Definitely dealer install material, becaise the lights would need to be activated by the StarScan tool!)

The kit includes all the things necessary to install the foglights. (lights, covers for fascia, wiring harness, and headlight switch for the dash)

Hope this info helps....

Sincerely,

Brian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, this information helps alot. I am new in the 300 business. I purchased my '08 300 base a month ago and have done a little to it. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got a kit from Wyckoff Mopar and put them in myself. They come with great directions. Just need to have them enabled with STARSCAN at the dealer before you can see those puppies shining bright!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2015 300 Limited and haven't been able to find someone to answer this question. I want to add the factory lights or something Mopar and this would need to include the light housing to replace the blank that is currently there along with a replacement light switch in the car. I assume the wiring might already be in place but not certain. Anyone do this?

·
Administrator
13,060 Posts
I have a 2015 300 Limited and haven't been able to find someone to answer this question. I want to add the factory lights or something Mopar and this would need to include the light housing to replace the blank that is currently there along with a replacement light switch in the car. I assume the wiring might already be in place but not certain. Anyone do this?
Go back to your original thread on this subject. Use the OEM parts, get the OEM switch and you should have the harness already in place.

You will need a dealer to flash the sales code to your PCM so they will actually work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks... I hadn't received any responses to my original post from about two weeks ago so I just started posting in other threads related hoping someone would see it. So... the wiring harness is already in place under the bumper to install and I then need to install the switch with the fog light option and get dealer to flash. Any idea on the part numbers? It would be great if one of the mopar parts dealers would create a kit like they do for so many other items.

·
Administrator
13,060 Posts
You'll have to do some digging or get the dealer parts guy to dig a bit. What you are looking for is the foglight capsules, harness and bulbs for a 2015 V6 powered 300S.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like a PITA. I wish they would sell a kit like they do for some of the cool upgrades I added to my Ram 1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Or you can find a base model in the wrecking yard and get the harness and the lights off of one of those and then you know for sure it will bolt in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
True. Just hard to find a car only one year old in a junk yard. I am looking but the prices are crazy for those selling the lights in eBay. $150-300 for just one light assembly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
True. Just hard to find a car only one year old in a junk yard. I am looking but the prices are crazy for those selling the lights in eBay. $150-300 for just one light assembly.

I don't think 300 is to bad I have a 2015 300L v6 and I'm looking to add LED headlights LED turning signals Along with fog lights

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks... I hadn't received any responses to my original post from about two weeks ago so I just started posting in other threads related hoping someone would see it. So... the wiring harness is already in place under the bumper to install and I then need to install the switch with the fog light option and get dealer to flash. Any idea on the part numbers? It would be great if one of the mopar parts dealers would create a kit like they do for so many other items.
I have a 2015 300 limited. answer to many of your questions are, a kit from fca is not made for 2015 thru 2020 . no it is not prewired for fog lights. you can find lites w/ bezels an chrome trim on ebay for about $190.00 with after mkt wiring that can be modified . I found a 2011-2014 oem mopar kit pn# 82212324 on amazon that showed the instruction manual where you have to remove the glove box to get to the bcm and hook up to it. its possible the '15 bcm is the same. you should buy alfaobd $49.00, and install on an android device allows you to get in the computer and make changes with out going to the stealership for $150.00 a pop .hope this helps

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a 2015 300 limited. answer to many of your questions are, a kit from fca is not made for 2015 thru 2020 . no it is not prewired for fog lights. you can find lites w/ bezels an chrome trim on ebay for about $190.00 with after mkt wiring that can be modified . I found a 2011-2014 oem mopar kit pn# 82212324 on amazon that showed the instruction manual where you have to remove the glove box to get to the bcm and hook up to it. its possible the '15 bcm is the same. you should buy alfaobd $49.00, and install on an android device allows you to get in the computer and make changes with out going to the stealership for $150.00 a pop .hope this helps
You're responding to a five-year-old post. He has probably either figured out how to install the fog lights or given up by now.

·
Registered
867 Posts
that may be but i"m sure it will help someone with a 2020
I must have misread your post, because it sounded to me like you have no experience installing fog lights in a 2015-2020 at all and you were simply speculating.

But if I'm wrong and you have information that will help an owner of a 2015-2020 with this install, you should probably start a new thread. Someone looking to install fog lights in a 2020 300 isn't going to check a thirteen-year-old thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts