Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think im going to remove my chrome side door molding on my C this weekend, although im a little reluctant to after i removed the badge on the trunk and it left a discoloration. anyways, can i remove the molding, and still leave the "Hemi C" badge on the fender area? i know theres a bit of the molding that goes around the badge and wanted to know if this is connected to the badge or if it is seperatly attached? i want to remove the bumper guard around it, and leave the badge, so i can put the TIS 22" badge above it. hopefully someone can tell me before i try and figure it out myself!

on another note....does anyone have any tips for me when removing my side moldings? when i removed the badge on my trunk, i first took a hair dryer to it, got it nice and hot, then slowly and carefully pryed it off with a credit card and some dental floss (ive heard fishing line works better but whatever, lol). then i used goo gone to buff off all of the remaining sticky stuff left where the badge was. it still managed to leave a 'shadow' of where the badge used to be, even after i washed it. thankfully im gettin my trunk repainted so i wont have to worry about it, but i dont wanna be stuck with the same problem when i remove the molding on my doors!

·
Registered
146 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
can i remove the molding, and still leave the "Hemi C" badge on the fender area? i know theres a bit of the molding that goes around the badge and wanted to know if this is connected to the badge or if it is seperatly attached?
well sort of , the Hemi C badge part of this will come off the side moulding , but because its moulded to fit that strip , if you try to just put the hemi enblem back on the fender you will have a large gap where the moulding used to go . You can grind the back of Hemi badge down to fit flush but you would have to find something to glue it :eek: to the body somehow

·
Registered
120 Posts
peel it off in the hot sun. Use your thumb to rub off the nasty foamy tape that was trpping moisture and ready to start doing dammage. You can use googone if ya like. I use elbow grease.
Mine was milky, for lack of better term, under the molding where I pulled it off at first. It since has faded almost completely but I was tempted to have the doors resprayed at first. The dealership was no help, saying it was my fault I pulled off the moldings. I contend it's a new car under warrenty with dammage caused by the factory.
At any rate, it looks much better now. Here's what it looked like at first:

The darker the paint, the more likely the milky haze. This is from moisture being trapped under there and staying in that foamy 2-sided tape. Not sure why they put this stuff on at all. I think it looks cheap and it's way too low to serve a purpose.
My wife's magnum is mineral grey and there was no hazing at all under there. She opted to keep the Hemi badges but they are a bit different than 300Cs

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did this.. totally doable

1 - 4 of 4 Posts