Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 06 300c srt8 from a ghetto dealership for $8000. I recently took it to the chrysler dealership where they told me theyve worked on my car with the previous owner. Same vin and everything except they had my car losted at 168,000 and my odometer reads 93,000 miles. What should I do? Rough this guy up a bit or sue?

·
Administrator
19,550 Posts
Get some documentation from the dealer on previous service history that shows the mileage. Get out your sales contract that shows what the dealer reported as the mileage at time of sale.

Then, report the dealer to your local authorities (Department of Motor Vehicles). Also you can always open a report with the Better Business Bureau as well.

You might check values on a 93K miles car vs. a 168K miles car at KBB.com and see if the values are different. If they are you have the option to sue but it's probably a small claims court issue.

But report them first and if they are cited by your local authorities that will strengthen your case for recovery of your claim. If you paid less than the 168K miles vehicle is worth on KBB you probably won't recover anything.

·
Registered
474 Posts
What should I do? Rough this guy up a bit or sue?
There is always Guido and Mario from Chicago. But then, that dealer may have two other “fixers” that may pay you a visit. Lose-lose situation my friend. I like the suggestion of Small Claims Court. The trouble is, that dealer may claim to have gotten the car from auction with that mileage. And they may be right. You will never know. You just played musical chairs with an unscrupulous dealer and lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
The trouble is, that dealer may claim to have gotten the car from auction with that mileage. And they may be right. You will never know. You just played musical chairs with an unscrupulous dealer and lost.
A free MyCarfax report will likely give you the mileage at every service the car has had. Also, the mileage will have been reported at the auction transaction where the dealer purchased the car. I would check those two first. Then you should be able to look up the previous owner through your state's DMV. That owner can tell you how many miles were on the car when they sold it or traded it in.

The dealer can claim whatever they want, but if they tampered with the mileage, the paper trail should trip them up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
CtCarl
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing