1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
You have to keep in mind that the products that are featured on shows like "Horsepower TV" are featured because their manufacturers PAID TO HAVE THEM FEATURED on the show. Take everything with a grain of salt and if something sounds too good to be true.........

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true. It was just news to me, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Also, wouldn't b4 and after dyno runs showing a gain be false advertisement if there was really no gains?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Very true. It was just news to me, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Also, wouldn't b4 and after dyno runs showing a gain be false advertisement if there was really no gains?
Sort of, but that wasn't the first time they have had live footage of hp increases with px3, I saw 2 on youtube a while back, 1 ls2 corvette and 1 shelby gt500 which both had gains ~10hp. I wish I could explain how it works in depth but in general it should increase/restore compression slightly and in the end allow you to have the hp/tq numbers you should. So it's not exactly gaining hp but is allowing what is "truly there" to be shown on the dyno. I hope that makes sense in some small way.
A big BUT...dyno runs can differ by several hp/tq anyway.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think the STP is close. Also, you have to consider the original cars condition. It might help a car that has been beaten on over many testings. They show you a HP and TQ change on a car that maybe needed some tightening up of the oil to give it that extra.
You can change the visccosity of the oil and it will run "tighter" or "Looser".

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
The funny thing about stuff like this (and CAIs) is that they always quote somewhere between 5 and 15hp of an increase, which is juuust big enough to sell it, but small enough that it can't be unproven.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts