Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say you are interested in a wheel that does not come in the 115 bolt pattern.

What is involve in changing the bolt pattern?

Is that possible and what are the limitations.

I search the forums but did not find anything about changing the bolt pattern

Thanks,
-Richard

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes you can. You can tapp them. That's how I got my 24" on my car when everyone else was charging an arm and a leg for 24". My rims were and still are only available in 5x120.65 and 5x127. I got them tapped from 120.65 to 115 with no problems at all. I had the only Charger on these wheels. Welcome to AKUZA.com

·
Registered
697 Posts
I had a machine shop that did it locally for me for $60. It involves using a bolt centric ring that they press into the original holes. There is more to it, but that's generally what they do.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
topmotorsports. question - does tapping make a single drilled rim a dual drilled rim? If so does that mean you can only tap a rim that has lug bolt covers to cover up the dual drilled holes? thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
topmotorsports. question - does tapping make a single drilled rim a dual drilled rim? No it doesn't.

If so does that mean you can only tap a rim that has lug bolt covers to cover up the dual drilled holes? thanks.
The only real set back is that the original bolt pattern you're going to tapp needs to be close to the 115 pattern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts