Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an o6 CSRT8, My first Mopar. My question is how many of you can catch second gear or spin your tires on the 1-2 shift? The only other performance car I had that was an automatic was a GM product, when it hit second gear it would kick side ways to say the least. I know the car is heavy but 420 lb ft of torque is alot. I have CAI, Magnaflow High Flow cats, and Full Corsa but every time I try I get this huge lag, I know about the TSB for the trans upgrade I have an appointment for Mon. I want this thing to kick sideways if I want when it hits 2nd, Am I asking too much with 4100lbs. and four doors? Or if you car didn't do it stock how much HP increase did it take to accomplish this?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mine did it stock and now with a DiabloSport tune it does it even more. Not just a chirp, but literally laying rubber on the 1-2.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Before I sold my 300SRT8 it took me quite a few mods. But after that, I was experiencing some spinning and a little sideways motion while keeping it in automatic. It surprised the heck out of me when it happened on the street.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must have the 1-2 shift delay, I wasn't sure if that was just how they shifted. Hopefully the TSB will solve my problem, Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
903 Posts
The only cure IMO is the diablo. My car with just the cai and the diablo could spin all the way through third. No chirp before the diablo. This car just has too much nanny controls. Its not the lack of power.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I must have the 1-2 shift delay, I wasn't sure if that was just how they shifted. Hopefully the TSB will solve my problem, Thanks for the replies
The shift TSB will not make your car chirp the tires. In fact, you will notice that your car shifts earlier after it's done, and possibly a little softer than before the TSB. Go ahead and have the TSB done, then you really need to get a Diablo Predator and set it for raised shift points. That is the only way you will get it to chirp the tires going into 2nd.

With having the TSB completed, the Predator will then allow you to choose to have the car auto-upshift when using auto-stick or to manually shift in auto-stick. If you don't perform the TSB, your only option will be for manual shifts in auto-stick, which seems less than optimal.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine does :) (with the new tires also)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dave I plan on getting the Diablo, but I want to get the Dyno custom tune, So I have to make an appointment at Dyno Tuned Performance, I am hoping for 415 Rwhp but we will see how it goes

·
Registered
734 Posts
Mine does, 100% stock

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Hmm. Depending on the kind of road I'm on I've noticed my 07 5.7 will do it. But like I said, it depends on the kind of surface the road is.
On the other hand, downshifting to first at 25mph will really get the tires spinning which is really cool and man I love my new car. :D She's bone stock too... for now.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mine does it. 100% stock. Even after 50K on the odo.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I get it anytime on any surface with the Predator installed. Good stuff!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts