Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
The nav systems are the same, it's the disc that determines where it can be used, but I believe the US map info is just for north america so you'd be fine as canada is in there as well. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
100% of the U.S is mapped and only 60% of Canada. I know because I am going to P.E.I. this summer and the nav. map is blank east of Montreal.
Its like the world is flat and you fall of the edge! I will probably go through the States. I called about an updated disc and the girl said there is only a 1% difference in the one I have now (the original that came with the car) and the new one and it wasn't worth getting a new disc yet. I told her about the free upgrade within one year of purchase and and if it wasn't worth upgrading the free disc offer was worthless and she said they would honor it anyway. We'll see!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
Hemilover said:
100% of the U.S is mapped and only 60% of Canada. I know because I am going to P.E.I. this summer and the nav. map is blank east of Montreal.
Its like the world is flat and you fall of the edge! I will probably go through the States. I called about an updated disc and the girl said there is only a 1% difference in the one I have now (the original that came with the car) and the new one and it wasn't worth getting a new disc yet. I told her about the free upgrade within one year of purchase and and if it wasn't worth upgrading the free disc offer was worthless and she said they would honor it anyway. We'll see!
Nav system works well on the Trans Canada Highway east to west and most major cities, but lose control and hit the ditch and the Nav system is useless and I would say that is far less than 60%.

I was talking to someone at a dealer in the last week who said to wait to buy a Nav as someone is coming out with one that can be downloaded on the internet to keep it current.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what I am asking is: If I purchase from source in Canada, will that system work here in the US map-wise?
I am talking about the whole system, Navi, antenna, disc, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
RamVett said:
what I am asking is: If I purchase from source in Canada, will that system work here in the US map-wise?
I am talking about the whole system, Navi, antenna, disc, etc.
Of course it will, you may have to get another disc but you would probably be doing it anyway to keep it current.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
What I am saying is you can not put in Charlottetown PEI in the nav and tell it to take you there from London On. using the routing options because it won't find Charlottetown PEI because its not on the disc. In other words its in the 40% of the country not mapped. You can get in your car and start driving there and it will show on the nav screen as you drive but what good is that if I want plan the route before I leave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
Hemilover said:
What I am saying is you can not put in Charlottetown PEI in the nav and tell it to take you there from London On. using the routing options because it won't find Charlottetown PEI because its not on the disc. In other words its in the 40% of the country not mapped. You can get in your car and start driving there and it will show on the nav screen as you drive but what good is that if I want plan the route before I leave.
You might want to check your percentages, because I understand that a larger amount of Canada is not mapped, and that makes sense as we are the second largest country in the world, at least until Quebec separates. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
Hemilover said:
I guess I should just go West!
Why, as I said it doesn't work out here unless you are on the Trans Canada.

I'm glad I did not waste my money when I ordered my car. I will wait until they come up with a system which will do North America and include Mexico in that one. It's only a matter of time.

I should have read your post closer because I just got your tongue in cheek. :D
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top