Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching, but couldn't find any info on my perticular question. I am having an alarm installed on my car pretty soon, and would like to know if any companies have made a Canbus interface or adapter for alarms yet. I know there are a few companies that make them for the older Chrysler/Dodge vehicles, but haven't found anything for the 300's yet. And from what I can gather the older Chrysler/Dodge ones use a databus, not Canbus.

I will be having remote start, window and sunroof control on this alarm. I have been told that I would need to use a module in each door for the window feature since the driver's door communicates through the Canbus for the other windows. You can't simply tie into the wires at the drivers door to control all the windows anymore.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shawn

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Blowndakrt said:
I did some searching, but couldn't find any info on my perticular question. I am having an alarm installed on my car pretty soon, and would like to know if any companies have made a Canbus interface or adapter for alarms yet. I know there are a few companies that make them for the older Chrysler/Dodge vehicles, but haven't found anything for the 300's yet. And from what I can gather the older Chrysler/Dodge ones use a databus, not Canbus.

I will be having remote start, window and sunroof control on this alarm. I have been told that I would need to use a module in each door for the window feature since the driver's door communicates through the Canbus for the other windows. You can't simply tie into the wires at the drivers door to control all the windows anymore.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shawn
Suggestion, Shawn: Post up this same question over on LXForums - they happen to be leading the charge on the canbus topic.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Hiya Shawn,
JonW has been doing a lot of work with the canbus right here as well.
I have no idea where he is in his project, but you might want to send him a PM and see if he has any answers for you. Please be sure to post back with your findings.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meister said:
Suggestion, Shawn: Post up this same question over on LXForums - they happen to be leading the charge on the canbus topic.

I posted over there. It appears that there is nothing available yet. They do have a few guys dedicated to craking the Canbus mysteries, and said they will add that to the list of things. But I am pretty sure that stuff takes time. And my install is gonna be in the next few weeks. So I guess its back to the drawing board for me. LOL.

Thanks

Shawn

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEMEEE said:
Hiya Shawn,
JonW has been doing a lot of work with the canbus right here as well.
I have no idea where he is in his project, but you might want to send him a PM and see if he has any answers for you. Please be sure to post back with your findings.

Thanks Hemeee. Is that his screenname? I seen they have a few guys working on the entire Canbus mysteries, but nothing with the things I am looking for. I was mainly looking for an interface or an adapter to save cost on my alarm install. I am hoping to get it installed in the next few weeks, so looks like I am gonna have do it the old fashioned way. LOL. My installer is at the CES show in Vegas this week, so hopefully he can talk to his suppliers and get a few answers as well. We shall see.

Thanks

Shawn

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Blowndakrt said:
I posted over there. It appears that there is nothing available yet. They do have a few guys dedicated to craking the Canbus mysteries, and said they will add that to the list of things...
Yes, they have a semi-formal cracking team, funded by forum members, whose purpose in life is cracking the canbus. But they've not yet found the rosetta stone. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update

Well, figured I would post an update on my alarm install. Not sure if anyone cares. LOL.

Crimestopper makes a Can-bus interface for some functions for the 300's. It allows Can-bus interface with the: Door Lock, Door Unlock, Factory Alarm Arm, Factory Alarm Disarm, Trunk Release, Radio Off Control, Engine Tach Output, Door Trigger, Trunk Trigger, and Heated seats. This is part number :CAN-SL Version V-2.0 The Radio Off Control is a feature that if your run timer is done and the car shuts off, the radio will not continue to play to the preset time in the EVIC. The Heated seats are set up so that the first time you press that option channel, they are set to low. The second time you press that option channel, they are set to high. It operates both seats with the same hookup.

Also found out the front windows are Canbus controlled. No such interface for that yet. So a separate window module will have to be used for each front door. The install is a little tricky since the instructions are not real clear. But bascially you find the positve wire for up and the positive wire for down, cut those, and wire this module in between them. We just tapped into them at first and it smoked one of the window modules. So right now, only my driver's side window is operational through the remote. Another module is on order. The rear windows do not appear to be Canbus controlled. So we are hoping to get away with a 2 Window module for those. It can we wired into the driver's main switch panel. We believed before that each window would have to be wired directly at the motor controller in each door. The fronts do, but the rears do not appear to be done that way. Waiting on the module to show up for that also to confirm.

Also, Crimestopper offers a module for the sunroof. We can't confirm if it will allow vent and full open yet. That module is not here yet either. LOL. Everything goes on backorder as soon as I need it. Just my luck. Haha.

If anyone is interested I can keep you guys up to date once the other modules show up.

Oh, and this also means I will have a factory remote start for sale soon. It was installed around 5 months ago. I am waiting to actually post it for sale till I find out if another bypass will have to be purchased to make it work. I was told that with the older Chrysler bypasses, that once a sentry key was programmed to the bypass, another key could not be programmed later on. Still checking on that. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they were looking for the factory remote start.

Thanks

Shawn

·
Registered
396 Posts
Blowndakrt said:
Well, figured I would post an update on my alarm install. Not sure if anyone cares. LOL.

Crimestopper makes a Can-bus interface for some functions for the 300's. It allows Can-bus interface with the: Door Lock, Door Unlock, Factory Alarm Arm, Factory Alarm Disarm, Trunk Release, Radio Off Control, Engine Tach Output, Door Trigger, Trunk Trigger, and Heated seats. This is part number :CAN-SL Version V-2.0 The Radio Off Control is a feature that if your run timer is done and the car shuts off, the radio will not continue to play to the preset time in the EVIC. The Heated seats are set up so that the first time you press that option channel, they are set to low. The second time you press that option channel, they are set to high. It operates both seats with the same hookup.

Also found out the front windows are Canbus controlled. No such interface for that yet. So a separate window module will have to be used for each front door. The install is a little tricky since the instructions are not real clear. But bascially you find the positve wire for up and the positive wire for down, cut those, and wire this module in between them. We just tapped into them at first and it smoked one of the window modules. So right now, only my driver's side window is operational through the remote. Another module is on order. The rear windows do not appear to be Canbus controlled. So we are hoping to get away with a 2 Window module for those. It can we wired into the driver's main switch panel. We believed before that each window would have to be wired directly at the motor controller in each door. The fronts do, but the rears do not appear to be done that way. Waiting on the module to show up for that also to confirm.

Also, Crimestopper offers a module for the sunroof. We can't confirm if it will allow vent and full open yet. That module is not here yet either. LOL. Everything goes on backorder as soon as I need it. Just my luck. Haha.

If anyone is interested I can keep you guys up to date once the other modules show up.

Oh, and this also means I will have a factory remote start for sale soon. It was installed around 5 months ago. I am waiting to actually post it for sale till I find out if another bypass will have to be purchased to make it work. I was told that with the older Chrysler bypasses, that once a sentry key was programmed to the bypass, another key could not be programmed later on. Still checking on that. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they were looking for the factory remote start.

Thanks

Shawn
Shawn,
You shouldn't have no problem using a DEI U or C type bypass after you uninstall the mopar remote start. The difference between them is the U uses a key buried under the dash and the C is programmed to car similar to mopar system.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
RobAGD said:
Wow this sounds very intresting. What are you looking at for cost on this ? I have been thinking about a better alarm setup and it would be nice to have the heated seat control and the ability to open the windows/sunroof woudl be very nice...
Rob, 300Mag, does this mean we may actually be able to regulate the temps of the heated seats?

As it is now there are only two temps, off and roast your ass.

And if you don't lead desired temp by a huge margin by turning the switch off early you're in trouble, as the seat continues to get hotter long after the heating mechanism has been commanded off.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Meister said:
Rob, 300Mag, does this mean we may actually be able to regulate the temps of the heated seats?

As it is now there are only two temps, off and roast your ass.

And if you don't lead desired temp by a huge margin by turning the switch off early you're in trouble, as the seat continues to get hotter long after the heating mechanism has been commanded off.
Meister, mine has 2 temps, I believe they all do.
When you first hit the button, I believe the default is "high" (2 lights illuminated on switch) then hit the switch again for "low" (single light)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
300MAG said:
Shawn,
You shouldn't have no problem using a DEI U or C type bypass after you uninstall the mopar remote start. The difference between them is the U uses a key buried under the dash and the C is programmed to car similar to mopar system.
The new alarms has its own bypass right now. What I was referring to was the one that came with my factory remote start. I was told that once it was programmed it could not be programmed to another car. So I am doing some checking. I will be looking to sell the unit eventually, but wanted to be able to know if it would need a new bypass or if it could simply be reprogrammed. Don't want to sell someone the unit and it not work for them and they have to go out and buy another bypass to make it work. If it needs a new bypass, I want the new owner to know that upfront.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Meister, mine has 2 temps, I believe they all do.
When you first hit the button, I believe the default is "high" (2 lights illuminated on switch) then hit the switch again for "low" (single light)
Hmm :redface:

Right your are, WingEEE - thanks for the clarification. :) Brewskis on me at the next get together. :beerchug:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RobAGD said:
Wow this sounds very intresting. What are you looking at for cost on this ? I have been thinking about a better alarm setup and it would be nice to have the heated seat control and the ability to open the windows/sunroof woudl be very nice.

Keep us posted !

-R
I can't give an total cost yet. Haven't gotten the bill. I think after everything is said and done, it will be around $1300-1400 range with everything and labor. And I am going pretty much all out with this unit. It will have alarm, remote start, all 4 windows operation, heated seats, sunroof control, shock sensor, 2 way paging system, and a receiver to let me control some features through a telephone call.

Alot of factors of cost will be the alarm unit itself. That is gonna depend on what you buy. Then the rest is additional modules to control the other features. The Can-SL will not control the windows. Separate modules are required for that. Then you have to figure in labor if you will not be installing this yourself. I chose to have a shop do it. My buddy just opened up his own audio shop and gave me a break on some of the labor. But he also lets me hang around to watch everything he does. I usually don't let people work on my car unless its something I can't do myself, or I trust them. I trust him, but its nice to be there to see how everything goes in and be able to help others who are looking to something similiar to mine.

Shawn

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well, I would like the seat control, shock sensors. The rest is cake I could live without, but the whole idea of the remote start for me was a warm car in cold weather, and having ice for seats was no fun :)

When you get everything sorted out, please list up parts used with PN# if you could, it would be intresting to see what all was done.

I am still hoping someone comes out with a Can BUS interface for the Valentine 1 so that the controls would show on the EVIC screen :)

Check this out : StealthOne

-Robert

1 - 15 of 15 Posts