Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the owners? Need to bring 'em over from srtforums, huh?

Man from what I can see there is a lot of excitement around this car. I no longer lust for a G-35, I want something wih a little more muscle now... :)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I too was looking at the G35 coupe and the regular 350Z, both very nice cars... but me... I dunno, I have that disease that I'm always on the lookout for new toys, and when I get it, it only keeps me happy for about 6 months ;)

Its a terrible, terrible affliction.

The 300C has my attention now... that thing is TIGHT!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
You guys sound just like me. I was looking into a G35x, but as soon as I realized the 300C was available, I went out and test drove it. Loved it, and made a deal to trade in my Lincoln Ls V8 and ordered the Black Pearl 300C. I tend to get bored also after about a year, and start thinking about something new. Hell, I've only had the Lincoln for 1 year. I had a mustang cobra for about 7 months, a Tauras for about 5 months, Audi A8 for 2 years, 2002 F150 King Ranch for almost 2 years. Just got a 2002 Escalade last november, (still love it by the way). Hope to hold onto it for a couple or years at least. The 300C will be for my wife, for the first year (she drives less than me), then I will transition into it as my work/sales car. I've tried cancelling all my car magazines, so I will quite finding new cars to buy. But, I end up buying them anyway over the counter because I see something on TV that gets my interest up. Now, I'm back to crap loads of magazines, and spending hours every night reading, different forums.

Forums I've have been or am a member of:

Lincoln LS, Cadillac Escalade, Mazda Miata, Audi, Ford Trucks, SRT, Silverado SS, Impala SS, OnStar Mods., and a few other General Auto forums like Edmunds.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You and me both...I hope to use this as the staging area for tweeks, repairs, and upgrade ideas. It may take a bit of time for the 300C people to find out about it. It might be worth while to consider an enthusiast club for the 300C. Try to get a bit of sponsorship from Chrysler, and membership would include discounts at dealers, and aftermarket companies. Something to think about. A car with this much potential lends itself well to many aspects of auto enthusiasm.

Need to see if Chrysler will consider adding a link to this forum. It would help them to sell cars if future customers know they have a sounding board for ideas, fix's, repairs and upgrades from like minded car owners. Just a thought... ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
vanilla C

In reply to:

"I just bought a Cool Vanilla C loaded out. . ."

by Fethemi-

Could you post a couple of dig pics? That color looks so nice on the caddies and a few others, I'd consider it for the C with a nice tint treatment. Also, does anyone have the dark two tone leather on the C, with the charcoal and sage? I have seen it as a option of the factory website, all online reviews have the light interior. A couple pics would be much appreciated! :)

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Look at their member numbers too. Never heard of any of 'em though, well the guy named ekool sounded familiar. Other than that, they all fell off the planet.

Rambit

·
Registered
770 Posts
That is so cool. I remember those days and those folks. It was so much fun buying and discovering this car back in April and May 2004. I bought mine 5/1/04. and talked with all those folks. Thanks for the memories.

Bob

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Wow, how many people went and looked at a G35 and then bought a 300C.
Count me in on that one.
the G35 was so nice, but then I fell in love with the 300C.
VERY VERY GOOD CHOICE.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Jeez, I got sucked in again.

Rambit

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Just had to bring the oldest thread back to life.
Sorry Steve wherever you are. This looks like the 2nd. I'm still amazed at the member numbers too.

Bernie

·
Registered
195 Posts
I too was looking at the G35 coupe and the regular 350Z, both very nice cars... but me... I dunno, I have that disease that I'm always on the lookout for new toys, and when I get it, it only keeps me happy for about 6 months ;)

Its a terrible, terrible affliction.

The 300C has my attention now... that thing is TIGHT!!!
i feel your pain about the 6 month thing. ive had my 300c for a year and a half, and im still loving it.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Yep, this is number 2.

Still a lot of the first year members around... but not many in this thread do I remember except Steve.

GMLIND was last on the forum 10 Jul 07. Come out and post GMLIND!

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Yep, this is number 2.

Still a lot of the first year members around... but not many in this thread do I remember except Steve.

GMLIND was last on the forum 10 Jul 07. Come out and post GMLIND!
That'd be interesting to find how many original members (~ the first 100) who are still here. I seem to recall jjs is one of them. I heard ekool is still around here too...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
That'd be interesting to find how many original members (~ the first 100) who are still here. I seem to recall jjs is one of them. I heard ekool is still around here too...haha.

Bernie
More than you think. Go to members list, then click on search members in the top right corner, then advanced search. Put in a join date of before 2004-06-01 and a last post after Jun 2007. Plenty of options to search there.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
More than you think. Go to members list, then click on search members in the top right corner, then advanced search. Put in a join date of before 2004-06-01 and a last post after Jun 2007. Plenty of options to search there.
And I thought I knew my way around here...haha. Thanks Steve, I'll check it out.

Bernie

·
Administrator
19,623 Posts
I have a 350Z and love the car but it's not used in the same way my SRT8 is.

The Z is fun, real fun, on the track. It's not a drag racer, though. Can't carry but two people in it. It's hard to drive in city traffic (6spd) but a blast to drive on country backroads. It's not a long distance car, either. Even though the seats are great for track and country road blasts, they aren't something you'd want to sit in for a 1500 mile road trip.

The SRT8, on the other hand, has the Z covered on the dragstrip, ease of driving around town, carrying passengers and is great on road trips.

So, I use them for different purposes but both are fun in their own way.

Nice thread by the way and thanks for resurrecting it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts