Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tryinng to do a brake stand (thats what we used to call it when you hold the brake and step on the gas to smoke the tires) with my 2006 300 SRT8 with no luck. I held the ESP button long enough to get the "Disabled" reading on my EVIC. I can spin the tires when starting from a stop and flooring the gas and it will leave tire marks for about 5 or 10 feet. So how do you do a brunout with these cars? I have a mopar CAI and stock otherwise.

Thanks for any help,
Z4MET.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I was tryinng to do a brake stand (thats what we used to call it when you hold the brake and step on the gas to smoke the tires) with my 2006 300 SRT8 with no luck. I held the ESP button long enough to get the "Disabled" reading on my EVIC. I can spin the tires when starting from a stop and flooring the gas and it will leave tire marks for about 5 or 10 feet. So how do you do a brunout with these cars? I have a mopar CAI and stock otherwise.

Thanks for any help,
Z4MET.
u mean cant? and if you can whats the problem? brake stands are for people who cant do REAL burnouts anyways

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Maybe you are applying too much brake and locking up your rear calipers. I do three to four a week and have no problem, lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be more clear, I want to be able to start the tires spinnning while the car is still stopped and then start slowly moving with the tires smoking away like mad. I can't get them to spin while holding the brakes.

Hopefully this make it more clear as to what I am trying to do.

Thanks,
Z4met

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moose: What you show in your burnout video is what I am trying to do. I have played around with brake pedal pressure but to no avail. Any other tips or could my car be down on power for some reason.

...Z4MET

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Moose: What you show in your burnout video is what I am trying to do. I have played around with brake pedal pressure but to no avail. Any other tips or could my car be down on power for some reason.

...Z4MET

Hey, Z4MET...

I don't know what to say and it's hard to explain over the Internet. Can you hear or feel the calipers clicking on and grabbing as you are trying the burnout? If so, you are still within ESP control.

You should be able to eat your sandwich with one hand and look out the back window at all the smoke while your tires are burning off your wheels. That's how easy it is on these cars.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Try pumping your brakes 3 times, hold the brake peddle down, press the gas, but don't go beyond 3000 rpm's. Works for me.

Bernie

·
Registered
903 Posts
The way to do it in just about any car is:
Apply brake with left foot.
Gas with right foot.
Let off the brake just a little bit with left foot until the tires rip. You may even lift your foot off quick and apply the brake again a little to keep the front locked. Kinda pump your left foot off and on the brake quickly.
If you really want some smoke poor a glass of water in front of your tires with a few drops of chlorine...WARNING-Very thick foul cloud of smoke that is REALLY bad to breath will result!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Something is wrong

Silly... with ESP on the half mode or whatever (not fully disabled) I can do sensational burnouts pwr braking.

I have a '06.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have no problem breaking the tires at all. Whether its in a turn or in the straight or from a dead stop. Even from when I bought it brand new.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
This is good advice. Well, all but the part about using chlorine ;) By the way, if you use a little water, you probably will not need the brake at all. Burnouts are very easy in the SRT8, but it is a little more difficult to do one with little movement.

The way to do it in just about any car is:
Apply brake with left foot.
Gas with right foot.
Let off the brake just a little bit with left foot until the tires rip. You may even lift your foot off quick and apply the brake again a little to keep the front locked. Kinda pump your left foot off and on the brake quickly.
If you really want some smoke poor a glass of water in front of your tires with a few drops of chlorine...WARNING-Very thick foul cloud of smoke that is REALLY bad to breath will result!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback. I was able to light 'em up today with the advice in this thread. The smell of burnt rubber does wonders for clearing the sinus. I don't want to become a burned rubber junkie so this will be done sparingly and only for leaving a good impression on any good looking woman who might be nearby.:biggrin:

...Z4MET

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
It all starts out with a couple burnouts, next thing you know you're at the 1/4 mile track about once per month:biggrin:

Here's my burnout by the way, I was getting new tires that day.
YouTube - Huge 300C SRT8 burnout

Eric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts