Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....I'm new.

While I've changed oil plenty of times, I thought I'd read up on how you guys do it with our cars (I have an AWD "C").

Couldn't find the sticky, although when I seached "oil change" I found plenty of references to it.

Ditto for synthetic oil sticky. I haven't looked for the tranny oil change thread yet.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

As for oil, I live near Detroit. I'm going with Mobil 1 or Castrol (whichever's on sale). What's best for spring and summer 5W20 or 10W30?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I don't think you'll find a "sticky" specifically for routine oil changes here, but that's not to say a thread on it doesn't exist here buried somewhere. It's a pretty simply thing to do anyway. just a matter of removing the belly pan. The rest is quite obvious and no different from any other vehicle.

I would go with the recommended oil viscosity as per your manual as the MDS depends on it. Whether you choose to use dino or synthetic is a matter of preference.

As for the tranny fluid, you'll need a specific tool for that as there's no dip stick on these cars. Some have gone out an bought one, others have purchased a regular dip stick.

Here's the forum containing various DIY threads - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tech-tips-diy-how/.

One last thing, Welcome!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir!!!!! I had an '07 R/T Charger and just got my AWD 300 -- still learning about it but it's more fun to drive than the Charger!!!

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
As for oil, I live near Detroit. I'm going with Mobil 1 or Castrol (whichever's on sale). What's best for spring and summer 5W20 or 10W30?

Thanks!

5w20 only in the 5.7, year 'round. the MDS requires 5w20 to work properly. If you don't care about MDS you could use 5w30 I guess.. but why? As for 10w30 I would definitely avoid that; the "10w" will not flow as fast on startup, thus it takes longer for the entire engine to get lubrication.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts