Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People who are recieving January's Car and Driver will be happy to learn that our cars made the ten best list. Most people would not find that to be much of a suprise, but it is still a cool thing. Both the Magnum and the 300 made it in the top ten in seperate catagories.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not even close to a surprise :D , only surprise was that they made a whole catagory for the new mustang. :confused:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I missed the Stang category issue but it is indeed a fine car for 28K, it has the look and numbers to back it up. Too bad idiot Ford did not fit it with window curtains or ESP, same for GM and thier 34K Grand am, I mean GTO. No suprise that the C made the list, it clearly overshadows all other cars for 05, the trick is for the C to make the list for many years into the future like the 3 Series.

·
Registered
82 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
I missed the Stang category issue but it is indeed a fine car for 28K, it has the look and numbers to back it up. Too bad idiot Ford did not fit it with window curtains or ESP, same for GM and thier 34K Grand am, I mean GTO. No suprise that the C made the list, it clearly overshadows all other cars for 05, the trick is for the C to make the list for many years into the future like the 3 Series.
It got Best Muscle Car. There was not a single other car in the group that they tested that was a Muscle Car. The GTO (04 and 05) was not tested.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I saw my first 05 Mustang GT last night. It certainly looks better than the 04's. From what I have read in reviews Ford made a lot of improvements beyond just looks. I wouldn't mind having one if only they offered HID headlights from the factory. I for one am glad to see Ford making something better. The new Five Hundred sure doesn't seem like an improvement over anything to me. The last car Ford made that I liked was the Thunderbird (four seater version), my father-in-law has my old 94 LX V-8 and he loves it.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Gloveperson said:
It got Best Muscle Car. There was not a single other car in the group that they tested that was a Muscle Car. The GTO (04 and 05) was not tested.
Those dogs, a new muscle car category, puh-lease. I still like the new stang, yes pd71 in addition to window curtains and esp, factory HID are a must too. Lacking in the GTO also. These idiots should have these items as extra cost options, as the buyer, I should be able to get whatever I want as long as I pay for it, they seem not to get it, thus I don't buy thier product.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Good link, we don't know if he had the 5spd but without a short throw shifter he's already down 1-2/10ths, the one thing nice about the auto is mash and go esp with our auto stick, mine has even touched redilne though it usually shifts 250rpm shy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts