Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a car cover
Sick of getting it cleaned and going back to it the next day,or more like the next week finding it covered in dust (black car)

Firstly does anyone want to sell a good fitting cover ?

or any recomendations of a good one ,just needs to protect from the dust

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I have a couple of car covers at home as I learned from the first one the feature/s you really need.

Most reasonably priced covers, like from Supercheap, Autobarn, Repco, etc. are okay. The material should not mark the paint as long as you are careful not to drag the thing across dirty surfaces.

The important features are;

Straps with fast connect/disconnect buckles front & rear
Security strap which you shut the boot lid onto to deter theft
Zippered panel so you can open your door's door without lifting half the cover off to access the interior

Also buy yourself a CCD (California Car Duster) or the Megs equivalent, to keep that dust under control.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks John
I will take your advice on board
The car duster sounds like a good back up

·
Registered
282 Posts
John,

Thanks for the tip on the car duster.

I have mine in the garage, but still after a few days you start to see dust, even if it has not left the garage.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Thanks John
I will take your advice on board
The car duster sounds like a good back up
The good misses bought the car duster and swears buy it especially if you want to wash to car the night before an event and then dust it in the morning.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You should only ever put a car cover on your car when it is clean and preferably only in a closed garage. If there is any dirt or dust on the paint. putting a cover over it can lead to scratches, particulary if the cover can move around in the wind. They can help to keep the car clean if you don't use it much, just be careful though.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Ultimate car cover. Pain in the bum to get the car in and out tho.

Completely with hemi 57 on this one, Make sure it is an excellent quality cover, with a zippered panel for getting in and out the drivers door.

If your car is your daily, it's still going to be a pain to put the cover on and off. The duster is probably your best option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts