Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im on a pretty quiet street tonight and have to make a u-turn. so half way through my uturn i figure i might make it a little more fun so i take esp off and hit it. the car just dies right there in the middle of the road, and the oil light comes on. i duno what happend but if it would been more crowded on the road i woulda been in some deep ish!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That sucks I did the same and the car did'nt die but it just bogged down and kind of killed the moment. Thank god I was by myself.

·
Registered
362 Posts
happened to me before.....actually a couple times not that i think about it, even with the ESP off. i got about 26K miles on it-any ideas as to what causes this and how it can be fixed?

·
Registered
82 Posts
check with an online tech, something ells me that the hemi computer has a type of roll-over switch and if you were in the middle of sharp turn and then gunned it, it may have shut down for safety. most of the cool turns are hit at a high speed before entering into a turn, and in the middle of the turn you never let o te gas , nor do you give it more until you are almost out of it, you can apply the brake at the same time, 2 feet driving.
learned that at "ESI" ANYWAY THAT MIGHT BE IT, I WILL SEE IF I CAN FIND OUT AND IF I DO I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Even with ESP off, the yaw sensors still kill most of the fun you could have in this car. Couple the fact that the engine is loaded up, steering cranked and then the spark goes bye bye...it just dies. There is a fuse to pull for when you want to exercise true shenanigans. I don't know which one it is tho.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
LWOOD said:
Even with ESP off, the yaw sensors still kill most of the fun you could have in this car. Couple the fact that the engine is loaded up, steering cranked and then the spark goes bye bye...it just dies. There is a fuse to pull for when you want to exercise true shenanigans. I don't know which one it is tho.
This is a serious design flaw if the spark does go away, what happens in an emergency swerve, or if you have to gun it to avoid an 18 wheeler? The engine should not die in the middle of the street just because of esp.

·
Registered
351 Posts
what is that 'emergency' slow down again (not near owners manual)
It seems that the nanny feature kicks in and won't allow for rally/drifting fun when you disable the ESP @ the time of the maneuver?

·
Registered
336 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
This is a serious design flaw if the spark does go away, what happens in an emergency swerve, or if you have to gun it to avoid an 18 wheeler? The engine should not die in the middle of the street just because of esp.
Good question...I haven't had a problem during fast transient manuvers on the road. However, even with ESP off, I can't get the car to do a powered 360 from standstill even in slick conditions. Even keeping foot to floor, it will not do it. This is why I think the Nanny is Nannying. I can from a rolling start with no ESP of course go into lurid slides like everyone else. Re reading what I just wrote I don't even know if I'm making sense. :confused:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LWOOD said:
Good question...I haven't had a problem during fast transient manuvers on the road. However, even with ESP off, I can't get the car to do a powered 360 from standstill even in slick conditions. Even keeping foot to floor, it will not do it. This is why I think the Nanny is Nannying. I can from a rolling start with no ESP of course go into lurid slides like everyone else. Re reading what I just wrote I don't even know if I'm making sense. :confused:
i did a awsome one in the rain the other day, there was no one around so i thought it would just fishtail a little but i went all the way around..it about freaked me out.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
stunna55 said:
so im on a pretty quiet street tonight and have to make a u-turn. so half way through my uturn i figure i might make it a little more fun so i take esp off and hit it. the car just dies right there in the middle of the road, and the oil light comes on. i duno what happend but if it would been more crowded on the road i woulda been in some deep ish!
:) Things my father never taught me - #137: NEVER turn the ESP off during a violent maneuvre

·
Registered
381 Posts
After reading this topic, I now know why there are so many complaining about pre-mature tire wear. I guess it kind of goes hand in hand to the ones complaining about lousy gas mileage.

I guess I'm just getting too old, or maybe it's wise.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Space Odyssey 2005: HAL* just want's to keep you safe - Dave?

stunna55 said:
Switching off your ESP could be fatal?

It's just the 300c's computer saying to you:

HAL 9000: "Even though my ESP is blind and cannot see if you are in an unrestricted space, or near a cliff edge - turning off computer control when I am protecting you in this particular manoeuver is a potentially dangerous thing to do. I probably just saved our butts, and have logged in my memory the fact that you did this, as part of an analysis of your piloting skills. I am considering taking all ESP control privileges offline. Now say thankyou to my ESP, and I'll just let it go".

"I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen." :eek:

Zilla

*computer in control of space station in 2001 A Space Odyssey, killed Frank and other crew members to avoid being shut down - now in your particular 300c

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can't fully turn off the ESP. That's the way DC wants it. Well I suppose you could pull the fuse for the ESP, but how many are going to do that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
maybe the car died because of the actual uturn, there are a lot of ppl complainin that the engine dies when they turn the steering wheel completely. maybe thats the reason it shutted down, it happenedto me coupla times, and the car dying at the same time u pulled off the esp might have been a coincidence .. my 2 cents

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nothing like doing a 360, when you intended to do a 180 or less. As long as you don't hit anything, and THE MAN doesn't catch it, it's all good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts