Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Chrysler 300 touring. I was just testing out how fast I can take it but it stopped at 193 and on the 5th gear (it's an 8 speed automatic) and I have no clue why. I've searched everywhere and can find that issue anywhere. The rpm just stops at around 3500 to 4000 and the speedometer stops at 193 and you can tell there's no power even with me pressing the pedal all the way.

·
Registered
209 Posts
FWIW it's not hard to remove.

·
Registered
792 Posts
FWIW it's not hard to remove.
All you need is the right tuner. Also, be sure your tires are rated for that high speed and all your air pressures are set correctly. I have Z rated tires on my SRT8 and on my Jeep. I've had the Jeep up to 137 mph with the speed limiter set at 140 mph, and it was still pulling hard. It also scared the crap out of me and I won't likely do it again. I can't imagine 190 mph in an LX and especially not in a Jeep. I have the SRT speed limiter set at 170 mph but will never try it although I know it would probably make it pretty easily. One little thing goes wrong at those speeds and that's it.

DSCN3032.jpg

P2070460.jpg

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Wait a min how are you getting a 300 touring to 193 lol did you strap a plane to it oh it's kph lol. yup factory limiter.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Come to think of it, my car went well over 120 MPH before I made any mods. Got it up around 140 where I think it started to cut out but that was about when I lifted anyway. Now I've effectively removed the limiter though. Different years/models or country of origin must have different factory limiter settings.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Come to think of it, my car went well over 120 MPH before I made any mods. Got it up around 140 where I think it started to cut out but that was about when I lifted anyway. Now I've effectively removed the limiter though. Different years/models or country of origin must have different factory limiter settings.
That, and the OP drives a 3.6 rather than the Hemi, so it likely came with different tires with a lower speed rating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts