Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 SRT8 168,000 miles gave out on me i guess? Really heart breaking it over heats and shuts off while im driving. Lucky if I make it 3 blocks with this thing. I went to my family mechanic he changed radiator changed throttle body didnt fix anything big waiste of money. I took it to an Exotic Car mechanic and atleast he had the heart to tell me he cant find out whats wrong with it and he works on nothing but high class cars. I guess im going to have to take this loss, anybody go threw anything similar?

·
Registered
504 Posts
You might want a second opinion with an actual Mopar mechanic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Did you change the t-stat? Unless it is backfiring badly it sounds like you have an overheating problem that is causing a engine protection shut down. Have you tested to see if the water pump is working? Take it to a Mopar shop.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would second that suggestion...I had an overheating problem that after a trip to the dealer was just a simple radiator cap. Try the simple, cheap things before throwing in the towel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I may be late to this discussion but is the AC working? I had an overheating problem and the ac stopped working 1st thought it was freon. Noticed the temp gauge running high, took it to the dealer next day and found out one of the fans stopped working. Luckily I had a. Life time warranty on it. We were out driving in the summer heat when it happened but didn't have any stalling.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If the only problem now is overheating, it's not rocket science to figure out what is wrong. Any "good" mechanic should be able to properly diagnose and fix the problem. If the joker you went to couldn't fix it, you for sure need to find a different mechanic or try going to a shop that specializes in cooling system repairs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts