Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way hone tonight and i was getting onto the interstate. i was on the ramp goin about 35 mph when my C just shut off, the radio, lights and dash was still on but the engine had stopped. i had to restart my car after it came to a complete stop. i am curious if this has happened to anyone else. i was really worried after that driving on the interstate because i concerned it would happen again. luckily i drove home (about 35 minutes0 and didnt have any problems from there. HMMMMM i sure as hell hope it never ever happens again. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
...call the exorcist :evil:

Seriously, I haven't heard of this. Take her into the dealer and have them check the ODBII codes. I'm sure one (or more) were recorded - and if not, then I'd be very concerned!

Good luck and best wishes.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm w/ jhelmuth on this one. wtf???
Did the EVIC come up w/anything?

I've heard of members starting and then the car dies... but not running then dies and then restarts.

Hopefully it's just a PCM hiccup..

Keep us informed and GLuck

·
Registered
83 Posts
happend to me once, right in the middle of a really fast u-turn with oncoming traffic. It was GREAT!!!!! i posted a post on here about it, 2 or 3 months ago. ppl said there was a reason i think...to lazy to search, glad your alright...u never got back up with me bout that meetup urban, i sent u a email...

·
Registered
105 Posts
happened to me, althugh not going 35mph, but merely 5-10mph on a turn. happened to me a bunch of times during stop-and-go situations. The mechanic at Chrysler said "...blah, blah, blah...can't recreate the poblem...yadda yadda yadda...no help."

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just had the same problem after the dealer flashed my PCM for rough idle... Never did it before that.. But the DAY I got it back...... Grrrr....

·
Registered
179 Posts
mushy or rough idle is part of having a HEMI. Very common.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it wasnt mushy or rough idle it was the car just turning off. it was very freaky :evil:

·
Registered
351 Posts
uc,

when was your build date?
I know some have cut off when hard turning but nothing as you stated.

Make sure that your ride, if necessary has had all TSBs completed.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, but there is a TSB for the really rough idling and such, and so it was performed...

Never a stall before that, but right after... Hmmm.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts