Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like recently when I hit the pedal the car just doesnt take off like it did when I first got it.... irs an 09 45k miles.... ive had it 7 months now.... could it just be the computer got used to my way of driving with a light foot.... or could something actually be wrong..... dealer tried selling me on getting some things cleaned and flushed for 400... but I can't imagine it actually needing it from just 7 months

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
You might try pulling your TCM fuse, as it does get used to driving style over time. I know it was fuse 11 on earlier models, but I think it changed in 08. I have noticed the same thing but I cant remember what fuse it is now and I ALWAYS forget to look it up. Thanks for reminding me, I will get back with you shortly....

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
If you have a tuner you can reset the TCM with it or pull fuse 11. Double check for the 09, but I think that's the number. I reset mine weekly, actually. If you don't have a tuner, I rec'd getting one. They are worth every penny and will wake that hemi up. I'd do the TranZformer shift kit after the tuner.

Miles? Last tune up/plugs? Throttle body clean?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
Clean the throttle body and reset the PCM/TCM by pulling the Autoshutoff/PCM fuse in the underhood power center. Bullnugget linked you to the Fuse 11 link which is correct except your fuse number may be different.

With a programmer you won't have to reset the PCM. It's a great way to keep the performance level up. The stock program has adaptives which are "remembered" and that's how the car runs after it learns certain parameters. It can "dumb down" a bit and that can affect performance simply by some slow, easy driving on a daily commute. A programmer resets the adaptives and they don't get dumb on ya.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cool guys thanks for the help, i had a feeling it was something that adapted to me.
6 months ago the dealer said I didnt need the throttle body cleaned..... could it need it 6 months later?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Yes, after only a month when I installed my catch can it was already starting to build up. Catch can should keep it from ever accumulating again!

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
1) remove the air intake tube at the throttle body and unclip the lead to the the the AIT.
intake.jpg

2) remove the 4 bolts holding on the throttle body

3) using throttle body cleaner spray the inside of the butterfly plate and area let it stand a few and wipe it out. do this a few times (depending on grime level) until clean!)

I used a bit of hard plastic and carefully removed the thicker crap first, but you do not want to scratch or scar inside, and do not mess around with the butterfly plate either (i admit I moved mine out of the way to get the bits of crud still hiding)
IMG_1660.jpg

Now its clean just put it back together (use the proper torque on the bolts 105 in. lbs.)

taking off and putting it back on is like 2 minute job. The cleaning takes the lions share of the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts