Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2006 300c has been stalling typically when coming to a stop but has stalled on the highway. it turns right back on but takes a few seconds after shifting into drive to actually engage. the engine intermittently idles rough. no lack of power the engine just shuts off. I have codes p0520, u0126, and a few others.

·
Registered
71 Posts
my 2006 300c has been stalling typically when coming to a stop but has stalled on the highway. it turns right back on but takes a few seconds after shifting into drive to actually engage. the engine intermittently idles rough. no lack of power the engine just shuts off. I have codes p0520, u0126, and a few others.
What are the other codes. Google says your first two are about oil pressure and power steering system, something about steering angle. I had read a thread once about that causing issues but I can't remember much about it. Sorry I'm not much help. My 05 had a stalling issue once but it is the evap system valve and the code just straight up tells you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the other codes. Google says your first two are about oil pressure and power steering system, something about steering angle. I had read a thread once about that causing issues but I can't remember much about it. Sorry I'm not much help. My 05 had a stalling issue once but it is the evap system valve and the code just straight up tells you.
Other codes include low battery and implausible brake signal received

·
Registered
47 Posts
Other codes include low battery and implausible brake signal received
first thing I'd do is go have the battery checked. if it's the original , the problems your having are probably starting there. It's 15 year old battery and most problems you've described start with voltage signals, since these puppies need a steady voltage 100 % of the time ...I'd start there !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first thing I'd do is go have the battery checked. if it's the original , the problems your having are probably starting there. It's 15 year old battery and most problems you've described start with voltage signals, since these puppies need a steady voltage 100 % of the time ...I'd start there !!
I have replaced the battery, when it stalls the voltage tanks but it still starts. I had the charging circuit checked and they said it was working. I dont know of it could still be the problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have replaced the battery, when it stalls the voltage tanks but it still starts. I had the charging circuit checked and they said it was working. I dont know of it could still be the problem.
I can't remember where I read about the battery replacement procedure, but I do remember there was a part that said the cpu had to be/go thru a recalibration before everything worked correctly again >. might be part of the issue. Another thought is , is it the O.E.M. CPU unit ? When it tanks are you getting the light show on the dash gauges ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't remember where I read about the battery replacement procedure, but I do remember there was a part that said the cpu had to be/go thru a recalibration before everything worked correctly again >. might be part of the issue. Another thought is , is it the O.E.M. CPU unit ? When it tanks are you getting the light show on the dash gauges ?
There's no light show, the engine shuts off and thats all, I can start again right after but it takes a minute to shift into gear. The check engine light also turns off after it starts again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts