Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rust? That isnt good. Is it on an accent piece or a painted piece?

·
Registered
842 Posts
man i had that on my "c"....it was like a tiny lil dot....you couldnt take your finger nail and scrape across it and feel it..it was like under the clear coat...they said it was acid rain that caused that....but good for me that it was bought back.. and my srt dosent seem to have anything like that...thank god...i for one would like to know what they are going to tell you...good luck man... keep us informed because this will have been the second one...and who knows how many more...

·
Registered
842 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Ive added the pics, look at the first post.
well it looks like its the plate thats rusting....dont think youll have a problem..wait till they pull the emblem off i wonder what it looks like underneath??....but thats not where i had rusting...mine was right on the trunk in the middle...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4herb2tas0tik said:
well it looks like its the plate thats rusting....dont think youll have a problem..wait till they pull the emblem off i wonder what it looks like underneath??....but thats not where i had rusting...mine was right on the trunk in the middle...
Yeah, but if you look in the first pic, i circled rust on the paint also.
Also, I have rust on my runk, not just 1 or 2 spots, but multiple spots.
I will try and take a pic of that tomorrow because its dark already here.

You think the dealer SHOULD take car of this under warranty. IMO, that looks like a faulty paint job.

·
Registered
842 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Yeah, but if you look in the first pic, i circled rust on the paint also.
Also, I have rust on my runk, not just 1 or 2 spots, but multiple spots.
I will try and take a pic of that tomorrow because its dark already here.

You think the dealer SHOULD take car of this under warranty. IMO, that looks like a faulty paint job.
yea man you would think so wouldnt you....but like i said the first thing they said to me was acid rain...lmaooo....yea right..but iam feeling for ya...i would have her back at the dealership mon...good luck

·
Registered
912 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Well I got a car wash about 2 days ago and while I was drying it, I noticed that my trunk lid has spots of rust. Why is that?
I didnt really look at the rest of the car, but I also didnt notice it on the rest of the car.
I also have rsut spots on the drivers side door sill.
Can it be because the parts are aluminum?
I will snap pics in a few if I can, but it will be hard to see cause they are very small, but small now can be a headache in the future.
BTW, am I alone on this, did anyone else get this?

Well I got the pics for the door sill, but its dark out so I couldnt get the rust from the trunk.
If you see there are alot of rust spots.
I circled the obvsious spots, but if you look had enough you will see more spots.
Any ideas why and what I can do.
I have a appoitment to the dealer for service on Wed, should I mention it?
On the sills did you remove the plastic film that was on the sills? I had the same thing happen and found out by someone here that there was a plastic film covering on the sills. Peel it off, if it is there, and all will be well. I hope this helps. Regards, BobF.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BobF said:
On the sills did you remove the plastic film that was on the sills? I had the same thing happen and found out by someone here that there was a plastic film covering on the sills. Peel it off, if it is there, and all will be well. I hope this helps. Regards, BobF.
Bob, im pretty sure I removed it, but I will look again.
I really gotta get you guys pics of the trunk so you can see what im talking about.
The door doesnt bother me as much as my trunk, but we will see what happens.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi,

Looks to me like the plastic is still on the door sills. I had the same thing happen. Even took it to the dealer, who pulled the plastic off. Man did I feel stupid.

Phil

·
Registered
912 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Bob, im pretty sure I removed it, but I will look again.
I really gotta get you guys pics of the trunk so you can see what im talking about.
The door doesnt bother me as much as my trunk, but we will see what happens.
Good luck. I hope it's the plastic. Check Phunter's post too. He had the same problem as I did. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What C-man says.

Do you live near a rail road track or to a coal power plant or to a steel mill, or did you park your car there lately?

If so, its most likely surface rust caused by small iron particles in the air.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I dont live near and trains or coal plants and i have not even been near either of them ever.
I dont grind in my garage with my car because its a 1 car garage.
Other than that I dont know.
Will have to wait until Wed when I bring my car to the dealer.

BIGBOB if your reading up on this post, If the dealer keeps my car over the weekend, I wont be able to make it to the Classic Car Cafe this Sunday, but will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just looked at the sill and it does appear to have plastic.
I tried peeling if I could but there was nothing there.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm hoping the aftermarket will come out w/polished aluminum versions of the door sills. The flat brushed OEM ones seems like they'd collect dirt too easy. Plus they're dull.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went to the dealer today for some service and I mentioned the rust.
He said its from road salt.
Its a possibility because I can be wrong, but I think it happened during the blizzard here in NY.
He said a good buffing will take it out or something like that he said.
Will just have to wait for the summer to do that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounded like the dealer was trying to get rid of the problem for now and allow more time to pass. Of course when you wax and buff your car, you are going to fill in any pits that might be from acid rain, road salt or even worse factory defect in the paint. I hope all does come out clean and doesn't spread or grow in to something worse.
Good luck:sigh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts