Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Gang,

Just like the post heading says, my car was egged last night.

Here's the story, I had gone out to the car to run some errands, I noticed yellow egg yolk on the driver's side rear door. Believe me, I was furious inside, as to what happened. I called the police to file a report and to let them know what happened. According to the officer that was dispatched to the scene, he had said that 4 COLLEGE AGE kids were apprehended after throwing eggs at cars and people (One of the eggs apparently hit a woman almost knocking her eye out, standing in front of a parked marked POLICE CRUISER!)

I felt better knowing that those 'brainless' kids were caught and not running around. One of the kids was driving their parent's NEW CAR. (I could just imagine the parent in that case that had to be called to come down to the station!) I took the car over to the quickie car wash (touchless) to get most of the egg residue off. (I'm off to the regular car wash this morning, and the dealer to have the bumper sag TSB performed, while I'm there, I'll ask the technician to inspect the paint for damage from the eggs.) I have two coats of wax on the car, so hopefully there is no permanent damage.

Sorry for the vent, Still somewhat ticked....

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
375 Posts
Atleast it was somewhat of a happy ending. Glad you found it not too long after it happened and it didn't sit overnight.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Sorry to hear you have brainless idiots there too Brian. Eggs gotta be the worst, but at least you got it off quickly. Those shells can certainly scratch clear coat.

Bernie

·
Registered
974 Posts
yeah, I feel your pain. My car was egged a few months back. The cops knocked on my door around 1 in the morning and told me that I should go and wash it off. I was furious. I think they thought I was going crazy. I kept asking them information about the "eggers" so that I could go and beat their car with a baseball bat. This was not cool. I had to get my car repainted because it busted my paint and burned through some of it. Man, just typing about this is making my blood pressure rise!

·
Registered
597 Posts
my car was egged but it was before i got it. i rolled down the window when i first got it and noticed some egg shells inside where the window goes...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
UPDATE--Everything is OK! (No damage to the paint!)

Hello Gang,

Just got back from the dealer and running errands. The paint on the car turned out to be OK, No issues or burn-through, just sticky residue. (Thank God for two coats of wax and weekly trips to the car wash.) Also the bumper TSB turned out great as well. Everything looks the way that it should.

Thanks for all the support! :You_Rock_

BTC

·
Banned
651 Posts
Post Edited Out by Northern Rider;

Infraction given for being disrespectful to a fellow member

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
um.......is that you standing next to your car in ur avatar? and you ended your thread post with you whole name? dude ur a complete dork.....
Man, it just never ends with you!

Bernie

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
um.......is that you standing next to your car in ur avatar? and you ended your thread post with you whole name? dude ur a complete dork.....
If you don't have anything POSITIVE to say, don't say it!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Banned
651 Posts
JRod how old are you?
im 26, are you hitting on me? do you wanna know my shoe size to?

ahh that guy is from deleware...........explains a lot

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
im 26, are you hitting on me? do you wanna know my shoe size to?

ahh that guy is from deleware...........explains a lot
Many people will say that being from the "BAY AREA" could explain a lot too. It's time for you to stop attacking other members or you will soon be on a permanent vacation from this forum.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That makes me want to punch people in the THROAT!!!! sorry to hear that, good that they caught the [email protected]@rds!!!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Eh that's nothing, couple days ago I went out to get the mail and found someone left a huge dent in our old car (I promise it's not related to the backing up thing!) LOL It was in the wrong spot anyway.

Still makes me mad, it took over a day for the cops to call me back (they have an answering machine), and they just told me to file a report online.

It's no wonder people are doing all kinds of nasty things here when the police don't want to bother doing anything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts