Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c Hemi. It had been sitting for a year and the person taking care of it fail to take care of it. Never once turned the car one. I just bought a new battery as the old one no longer held a charge. I got that in without a problem at all. That was the easy part. But the check engine light is on and my car still will not start. I cannot afored to take it to a machanic at the moment, but can usually do most work myself once I figure out what the problem is.

I cam here in hopes that somebody might be able to help this girl and get my car back up and running. It does not turn over at all, there is gas in as well. If you have any ideas that could help me, I would forever be in your debt.

I thank you so much in advance for your help.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sitting for a year without starting...bad gas, starter gone bad, rodent chewed the harness somewhere, etc...could be a long list of things. If you can get any codes, that would help.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Are you sure the battery is in correct and that all the cables are tight? Even on the car side?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I am 100% sure the battery is installed correctly, everything on the dash board lights up and the radio blares nicely. It just the check engine light that stays on and a little red one under the gas gauge.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Oh... I bet it's security system related. Have you tried locking and unlocking the doors? Or tried a different key?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sadly only have one key, as the battery died in my second one and when I went to change it the whole thing fell apart on me, and the battery on my back up key is dead as well, but I am afraid of changing it because of what happened my first key. So the only way I can open the door is by they key in the door.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Doesn't the key fob need to do a handshake with the security function before it will start? And if the battery in the fob is dead that won't happen.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Haha. Just change the battery on your FOB. You're having security issues.

·
Registered
256 Posts
would that explain why the check engine light is on?
Hem300c,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. When a vehicle is left unattended for an extended period of time, issues can certainly present themselves.

The Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) can illuminate for many reasons. Has an oil change taken place since the vehicle was first left? Oil change intervals should not exceed 6 months regardless of KM driven. Before starting the vehicle I would recommend performing an oil change and checking all fluid levels are to specification.

Beyond that, very likely a diagnosis would help to pinpoint the source if the issue is still present.

Keep us posted if you can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the replies. Since I posted I have changed the FOB battery, and the people at Chrysler say it has nothing to with the car not running. But I will try doing an oil change tomorrow. Never even thought of that. So glad for this forum Sometimes one is so close to the problem they cannot see the obvious.

Again thank you SO much.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thank you for the replies. Since I posted I have changed the FOB battery, and the people at Chrysler say it has nothing to with the car not running. But I will try doing an oil change tomorrow. Never even thought of that. So glad for this forum Sometimes one is so close to the problem they cannot see the obvious.

Again thank you SO much.
Hem300c,

Happy to provide direction whenever possible. I'd love to see the 300 back on the road.

Let us know how you make out if you can.

Take Care,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts