Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 300 (2.7)

I had a problem about 2 weeks ago where I would cut my car off, BUT IT WOULD TURN RIGHT BACK ON even once I'd removed the key from it.

When this happened, the yellow engine light came on, a little red LED bulb came on on the dashboard and the engine was still running.

I took the car to the dealer and they used StartScan to check for codes. They claimed no rogue codes were found so they handed me the car back and things were fine.

Tonight, I went out with a girl to dinner. The Valet parked my car and then comes running back to tell me that the car wouldn't cut off. When I went to see it, the engine was off, but the navigation system, engine light and red led were on. The car wouldn't start.

I was worried - so I tried disconnecting the battery and letting it sit a minute.

I reconnected the battery and it WORKED ! I drove home and parked it.

I want to take it to the dealer either monday or tuesday but I'm worried that they'll end up holding it again over night for something simple.

What could the problem be?

·
Banned
651 Posts
instead of taking it to the dealer on monday, take it to church on sunday. sounds like an exorcism is in order

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Could something be loose in the ignition? Surprised how it would continue running with the key removed, considering the car "cant start without the special programmed key",

·
Registered
9 Posts
my car has remote start and all the lights came on on the dash while driving and the instrument panel showed that the car was off. took the key out of the ignition and it still ran. taking mine to the dealer on monday. am out of a vehicle for work until then.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Can the key be removed?

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my car has remote start and all the lights came on on the dash while driving and the instrument panel showed that the car was off. took the key out of the ignition and it still ran. taking mine to the dealer on monday. am out of a vehicle for work until then.
I've since then bought a new car. The problem was, I had shorted out a circuit, it burned out and damaged the harness. The only way I was able to cut the car off was by removing the power cable from the battery. Once the harness was repaired (around $500), I didn't have a problem again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I reconnected the battery. Runs fine now. Have a warranty so hopefully it is covered. Taking to dealer today to have it scanned

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've since then bought a new car. The problem was, I had shorted out a circuit, it burned out and damaged the harness. The only way I was able to cut the car off was by removing the power cable from the battery. Once the harness was repaired (around $500), I didn't have a problem again.
The "harness" is a little vague. Where exactly was this wiring issue at? Did they tell you or show you?

For the rest of you...first thoughts... Wireless control module. This would be a first for me seeing them not disengage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts