Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-I have a 2007 300c base with 102,000 miles on it.
-Check Engine and Electronic Throttle Control light come on and stay on
-Key Dance gives no error codes

So I get ready to go to work today and stumbled upon some issues. I stuck the key in the ignition and tried to start the car but it wouldn't ever start. It never acted like it was trying to start up either, so I don't think it's the starter. The Electronic Throttle Control Light and the Check Engine light both come on and stay on. Neither one flashes, they just stay lit and the car refuses to start. I did the key dance and got no error codes, instead it displayed " - - - -" then "DONE". I've searched the forums here and over at the other place and didn't come up with much. Some said they replaced the PCM, some replaced the throttle body, etc. I'm posting this on another forum to increase my chances of getting feedback. I will be active and responsive on both forums until I figure out the problem and will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Below is the video of me trying to start my car. It shows the waring lights that come on, the key dance results, and the car unable to start.

-Any ideas of what the problem could be?
-Anything I could try to do before having my car towed to the stealership?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Maybe a security issue. I know GMs do that all the time.

But Chrysler will start and shut of after 3 sec.

Ok try disconnecting the battery for 10 min and try to start it.

I had a bad throttle body on my SRT8 but it never prevented it from starting.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a security issue. I know GMs do that all the time.

But Chrysler will start and shut of after 3 sec.

Ok try disconnecting the battery for 10 min and try to start it.

I had a bad throttle body on my SRT8 but it never prevented it from starting.

I know this is a newbish question, but I'm not positive on how to disconnect the battery. Would I just need to unscrew the two screws pointed to in this picture?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can unscrew both of them. Or you can only unscrew the negative and it will do the trick.
If you get the same result after disconnecting the battery, it is recommended to check the starter fuse

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can unscrew both of them. Or you can only unscrew the negative and it will do the trick.
If you get the same result after disconnecting the battery, it is recommended to check the starter fuse
Thank you for the response, I have the battery disconnected now and will reconnect in 10 minutes or so. Will update after reconnecting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If the problem persists, check fuse #10 and #20 front box
and #8 rear box
After hooking the battery back up, the problem still remains. I will go check those three fuses and report back. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

UPDATE: I checked fuses #10 and #20 in the front and fuse #8 in the rear and all fuses seem to be fine. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Anyone think it could be my battery? I had a friend try to jump me earlier and it was to no avail. All of my lights, windows and radio are working though.

·
Administrator
19,623 Posts
A battery with not enough juice to crank an engine will still turn on lights and buzzers. I'd make sure all your main power connections are tight and clean (battery + and -, starter leads and auxiliary post under the hood), replace the fuses mentioned above, then check your PCM connection harness at the box and the connector to make sure they are clean and not corroded.

Two other possibilities are 1) your PCM is fried, or, 2) your front control module (FCM) is fried.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Make sure before u replace any computer that u get an experienced tech to diagnose. I've seen cars won't start because of one wire that rubbed off something and cut off.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did u find out what it was? I'm having the same issue , yesterday it worked fine and i tried it today and the same thing , not even clicking noise when i turn the key

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did u find out what it was? I'm having the same issue , yesterday it worked fine and i tried it today and the same thing , not even clicking noise when i turn the key
The battery may have run down over night. I left the key on one time over night and had a dead battery the next morning. You may have a bad connection at the battery or a blown fuse. I am betting it has to do with the battery. If the battery is completely dead you will need to charge it for a little while like 15 to 20 min before trying to start it. Let us know how it gos. You should not jump start it with another car. You can screw up some of the electroins and relays. Put it on a charger or use one of the portable jump start things.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes i called the dealer a while ago and they told me to check the battery. Evic showed 11.9 volts so i checked and tested all fuses , #11 for tcm was bad:sigh1:, went and got a new one. Good as new . Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm having the same problem with my 2007 dodge caliber. The car wouldn't start the other day and the throttle light flashed and went out. The garage said the only code that came up was the oil pressure senor. They also said that I do not have to replace it because my oil was full. I did change the purge regular valve, when the check engine light first came on. Had the car to the garage about six times for the check engine light. It will come on and be on a while and then go off and then come back on. The car is sluggish going up hill. I have no clue what is wrong with afraid it will let me sitting on the side of the road...Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi I'm having the same problem with my 2007 dodge caliber. The car wouldn't start the other day and the throttle light flashed and went out. The garage said the only code that came up was the oil pressure senor. They also said that I do not have to replace it because my oil was full. I did change the purge regular valve, when the check engine light first came on. Had the car to the garage about six times for the check engine light. It will come on and be on a while and then go off and then come back on. The car is sluggish going up hill. I have no clue what is wrong with afraid it will let me sitting on the side of the road...Thanks in advance for your help.
vsharp825,

I'm sorry too hear about your concern. Is the no-start issue still present? Is the vehicle always sluggish when going up a hill, or is only when the CEL comes on?

The check engine light can come on for a number of reasons, such as a loose gas cap or poor fuel quality. A Chrysler dealer would be able to investigate thoroughly, using all of the resources available to them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts