Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I went for coffee I stop in the drive thru before I went to the speaker to get my money out. Then I went to move forward but the car wouldn't move in gear but still running. Reved the engine the rpm's went up. So I turned off my car and back on the put it in gear then it moved. Does anyone have a clue what happen? Kinda strange.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

Our cars are computers on steroids. My car once got stuck in 3rd gear while merging onto a freeway. I had to pull off the road and shut the car off. Turned it back on and it has run perfect ever since.

Your car could have also had a one-off fluke occurrence. If it happens again, then probably time for the dealer. If you have flashpaq, you might check for any DTC errors. Or try the key dance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Our cars are computers on steroids. My car once got stuck in 3rd gear while merging onto a freeway. I had to pull off the road and shut the car off. Turned it back on and it has run perfect ever since.

Your car could have also had a one-off fluke occurrence. If it happens again, then probably time for the dealer. If you have flashpaq, you might check for any DTC errors. Or try the key dance.
Ok cool. What is the key dance? <blonde look> sorry. lol

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Ok cool. What is the key dance? <blonde look> sorry. lol
It is slang for the method to check for trouble codes via the EVIC.

In the pic above, the trouble code is P0113 "DTC P0113 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage"
If you follow this procedure, you may get a trouble code displayed on your EVIC that might help diagnosis the problem.
The dealer will search for trouble codes on your car with a starsan.

---------------
Get in the car, close the door. Perform the following steps fairly quickly (less than 3 seconds) :

Turn key to ON
then back to ACC
then to ON
then back to ACC
then to ON

If there are any stored codes, they will appear immediately, in place of the odometer. For instance an "INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH" error will set a code of P0113.

Once the codes have been displayed, you'll see "-----". If there are no trouble codes, the dashes will be the first item displayed.
After a few seconds, the display changes to "-dOnE-".

See these 2 threads

How to Display Diagnostic Trouble Codes - LX Forums
OBDII Codes - LX Forums

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You sure you weren't in Neutral? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hope it never happens again - especially in a critical (need to move NOW) type of situation.

G'luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts