Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying::crying:While driving home last night, my car wouldn't switch from 1st gear. It wouldn't go over 15 mph and was jerking (when it would normally switch gears). I couldn't even manually switch to L1 or L2. I drove it for about 2 miles home at 10 mph.

This morning my dad drove it with no issues. I'm assuming this is my transmission but I don't know what to make of the drastic change overnight.

Should I take in to to be serviced? What do I do? Please help ~

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Sounds like your in limp mode... We need to see if there ate any codes stored in the computer. Can you have the codes read it do the key trick to get any codes out of the evic. What is the year of your car? Engine? Is the transmission a 4 or 5spd... See if we can help you more once you get the codes and let us know a few more details...

I'm on autoguide app today and it doesn't show your vehicle info on the left side of the screen! Ugh!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
The OP's car is 2007 300C, and it's his first ever posting.

To the OP: Please confirm that the car is a 300C equipped with the 5.7L engine. Sounds like the tranny has gone into the limp mode.

How many miles since the tranny fluid and filter were changed?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Hi and welcome to the 3CF from West Michigan! :D

Sound like silver06hemic and DESIREE are on it!

How to Display OBD-II Trouble Codes On Instrument Cluster (Works with or without EVIC).

1. Get in the car, close the door. Perform steps 2-6 fairly quickly (less than 3 sec's total time). (The key should not return to the OFF position through this next sequence!)

2. Turn key to 'ON' position

3. then back to 'ACC'

4. then to 'ON'

5. then back to 'ACC'

6. then to 'ON'

If there are any stored codes, they will appear immediately, in place of the odometer. Once the codes have been displayed, you'll see "-----". If there are no trouble codes, the dashes will be the first item displayed.

After a few seconds, the display changes to "-dOnE-".

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
^^^^^^ Can't go wrong with that info. HOWDY and WELCOME to 3CF from SOCAL,Glad to have you here,you're gonna like it:wavey:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts