Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my car from Gibson Performance. JonW was a awsome and gave me a ride out to Gibson. Yes, we listened to the iPOD during the drive, it's impressive. Now back to the short tube Gibson Headers. They are CARB approved, so you won't have any smog issue's. I did notice gains through out the power band, but deffinately in the midrange. I can't post any photos because you can't see anything. They are developing a cat back system which should be available in September. Accordding to Adam the gains are just shy of 20hp with the stock exhaust. He did give me a copy of the dyno that they did on a Magnum about two weeks ago showing those numbers. When the cat back is available they will dyno the car.

I'm not going to be much help on the specs and tech area so here's Gibson's # 951-372-1220 ask for Adam Diaz and their web link www.gibsonperformance.com

As soon as the cat back system is ready they will set up a photo shoot and I'll update the group. So far so good. I can't wait to get the rest of the sysem installed.

JonW did give me the light them up que, but for those who know me that didn't happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
fatchance said:
I just picked up my car from Gibson Performance. JonW was a awsome and gave me a ride out to Gibson. Yes, we listened to the iPOD during the drive, it's impressive. Now back to the short tube Gibson Headers. They are CARB approved, so you won't have any smog issue's. I did notice gains through out the power band, but deffinately in the midrange. I can't post any photos because you can't see anything. They are developing a cat back system which should be available in September. Accordding to Adam the gains are just shy of 20hp with the stock exhaust. He did give me a copy of the dyno that they did on a Magnum about two weeks ago showing those numbers. When the cat back is available they will dyno the car.

I'm not going to be much help on the specs and tech area so here's Gibson's # 951-372-1220 ask for Adam Diaz and their web link www.gibsonperformance.com

As soon as the cat back system is ready they will set up a photo shoot and I'll update the group. So far so good. I can't wait to get the rest of the sysem installed.

JonW did give me the light them up que, but for those who know me that didn't happen.
You're gonna have to let those tires a little loose bro'. I know you pamper that baby but we are talkin' about headers. Wrap her up in bubble wrap and let her loose...don't hit any puddles though :bigeyes2: ...I don't want you to spend 2days gettin' her perty again :wink1: . Man...I wish you woulda had those while I was down there. I would have loved to hear em' and see em'. Glad all is well. Have a great weekend! :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
fatchance said:
JonW did give me the light them up que, but for those who know me that didn't happen.
YOU SISSY! :fing26: We're going to have to teach you eventually :evil:

Just for that, I'm going to make a donut video for all ya'll when I get my Zoomers installed tomorrow! :silly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Soooo lets say I have a 5.7L with zoomers catback....then add the headers and a CAI...how much HP am I looking at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, I know, JonW has even offered to show me how to light them up.

There is no difference in sound and you really can't see anything. But, power wise it's there. What makes these nice for the guys who have smog issue's they are approved. Yes, long tube produce more power, but I didn't want the hassle with passing smog.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rogue said:
YOU SISSY! :fing26: We're going to have to teach you eventually :evil:

Just for that, I'm going to make a donut video for all ya'll when I get my Zoomers installed tomorrow! :silly:

LOL, thanks rogue. I know I'm going to have to man up here, soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
fatchance said:
I know, I know, JonW has even offered to show me how to light them up.
John,

That is a funny statement!!! :wink1: :wave:
All you need to do is turn ESP off and plant the right foot. You are in very good shape and I don't see any problem for you developing the proper force to plant that throttle pedal in the carpet :evil:

Congrats!! Mods are definately fun and I know you'll love it. I take it you are going to go with their cat-back once it is out? You should have some nice gains.

Todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Carb

fatchance said:
I just picked up my car from Gibson Performance. JonW was a awsome and gave me a ride out to Gibson. Yes, we listened to the iPOD during the drive, it's impressive. Now back to the short tube Gibson Headers. They are CARB approved, so you won't have any smog issue's. I did notice gains through out the power band, but deffinately in the midrange. I can't post any photos because you can't see anything. They are developing a cat back system which should be available in September. Accordding to Adam the gains are just shy of 20hp with the stock exhaust. He did give me a copy of the dyno that they did on a Magnum about two weeks ago showing those numbers. When the cat back is available they will dyno the car.

I'm not going to be much help on the specs and tech area so here's Gibson's # 951-372-1220 ask for Adam Diaz and their web link www.gibsonperformance.com

As soon as the cat back system is ready they will set up a photo shoot and I'll update the group. So far so good. I can't wait to get the rest of the sysem installed.

JonW did give me the light them up que, but for those who know me that didn't happen.
Like the song goes " see you in September".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WhiteDiamond said:
John,

All you need to do is turn ESP off and plant the right foot. You are in very good shape and I don't see any problem for you developing the proper force to plant that throttle pedal in the carpet :evil:

Todd
That's what Jon said, the first time, the second time,...., I just haven't done it yet. But when I do I'll post it, or I'll have a fellow member witness the event.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
829 Posts
fatchance said:
That's what Jon said, the first time, the second time,...., I just haven't done it yet. But when I do I'll post it, or I'll have a fellow member witness the event.
That is funny - You'll need the witness because nobody will believe you finally did it!!:friday: Let me know when, I'll film it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just pulled this off the Gibson Web Site: http://www.gibsonperformance.com/products-14298-headers.html

Headers




Unleash Your Vehicle’s Full Power Potential!

Every Gibson Header is Dyno-tuned and engineered to deliver more usable horsepower and torque at low and mid-range RPM highway speeds. Improves engine’s ability to breathe and cooler operating engine temperature. Designed as a direct replacement for the factory manifolds, using the stock crossover pipe. They are well suited for lowered and raised vehicles, street and off-road. 50 State Street legal. Meets EPA and CARB requirements. Will not affect the factory warranty.

It's Your Choice:

Nickel Chrome Plated - heavy duty 14ga steel tubing for extended durability and longer life

Stainless Steel- 409L heavy duty 16ga tubing

Ceramic Coated – 409L Stainless steel heavy duty tubing with hi-temp polished coating

Features:

Mandrel-bent tubing – for optimum airflow and increased Horsepower

Heavy duty 3/8” thick laser cut port flanges-no warping or leaking

Bolt on installation- no welding required

Attaches to the original equipment crossover pipe

Air injection & oxygen sensor fittings provided

Premium gaskets and hardware

OEM style connections

50 state street legal

This should answer a lot of questions out there. If you have more call Adam Diaz at Gibson 951-372-1220.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
fatchance said:
I just met up with JonW and eudman. Jon istalled eudman proto type iPOD adapter. But eudamn drove my car and was impressed with the power on it. The more I drive it the more I notice the gains across the powerband.

yes there was most definitly increased powah mojo evident in the fatchancemobile...i would really like to get some headers immediately.

o, and i have discovered a solution for any interior noise or resonance problems any of you maybe having. Simply get jons ipod connect and you will no longer hear any engine or exhaust noises again, ever. The ipod sounds sooo damn clean thru my stock system....the 6 cd player was nice, but i now have 10,000 songs at my disposal in the eudarig :) O MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
good question kid and also will they be making long tubes?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
Are the Supermaxx definitely not going to meet approval????


If you can help it, I'd stay away from Shorty style headers and get full length ones if you can.


Otherwise, yeah, just go with the shorties, but don't expect huge gains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's the issue for those us in Cali. These guys are relentless to get a buck out of you. I agree you will have better gains with the long tube, but you will just have more problems in the future.

I am definately pleased with the results, I just need the rest of the system for the full effect.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top