Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My painted grille didn't fare very well through the Michigan winter... got stuck behind a few salt trucks, and peppered the paint nicely! But, luckily I had a spare grille and rear trunk emblem laying around, so I had them hydro-graphic'd with a carbon fiber pattern, and then clear coated for some added protection & shine. It's really, really subtle, and you don't notice it unless you're close, but that is exactly what I was after, and I love the results!

Without further ado...

(no flash)

·
Registered
683 Posts
did you do it yourself or have a shop do the hydro graphic (I'm not even sure what that means but I'm thinking water is involved)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Great job, looks great and right now probably one of a kind.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Sweet job, hmmmm I might want to do my wing in a dark grey black. How much was it do you know?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I love it!!! I was thinking about doing something like that with Grip grill. Just didn't know what it would look like. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks great! Haven't seen that done yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My painted grille didn't fare very well through the Michigan winter... got stuck behind a few salt trucks, and peppered the paint nicely! But, luckily I had a spare grille and rear trunk emblem laying around, so I had them hydro-graphic'd with a carbon fiber pattern, and then clear coated for some added protection & shine. It's really, really subtle, and you don't notice it unless you're close, but that is exactly what I was after, and I love the results!

Without further ado...

(no flash)

w

·
Registered
102 Posts
Man that is tight I would like my custom grille to be done like this!! I seen a vendor on a vette forum that does this by the name of American Marketing

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the kind words!

Let's see if I can cover some of the questions. Hydrographics is the process of submerging a part in a solution, and floating a graphic on the surface of the water. Then, the part is pulled up through the graphic, and it conforms to the shape of the part. The process is the same (I believe) that Patterntek (sp?) uses for the interior parts.

Wheels are 20x10 in the rear, 20x8.5 in the front, and the car is lowered with Eibachs. If you're looking at the pics in my photoalbum, those are from last year with the old tires. New ones are currently 275/40/20 and 245/45/20... don't have pics of those yet... The old tires were too thin (35 series), and left a huge fender gap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts