Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright I know its been hot and the interior is black...But damn!! The car is only 8 months old and the interior carbon fiber trim is starting to coming unglued and lifting right on the shifter console. I really love this car and haven't had any major problems but then again its less than a year old and I shouldn't have any problems...But, I have to admit its been quite a few nuisance issues. First, from day one, its was the condensation in the head lights, and now, its the trim lifting, and then my Satelite radio went out and lets not forget the recall notice.
It nothing major but its a lot of little things that are starting to bug me.....Anyone else have similar issues?

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
Stop the rant and go see the dealer. All new models have some teething issues and it's not fair to say nothing should be wrong. Vehicles are complex. The key issue is how many problems and how serious they are. If that's all you have to deal with, they are minor. Get them fixed and move on.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I am venting a little....but I'm curious to see if anyone else has had similar issues with the interior.
I did say "its nothing major"...just minor BS.

·
Administrator
19,617 Posts
Annoying stuff, for sure. My SRT came with a major brake issue, a coolant issue, a leaky transmission issue and suffered a REC/NAV head unit failure...all within 6 months of initial purchase. What moderated my rant was the fact I knew it could all be fixed and it was either covered by TSB or warranty.

Years ago I purchases a Phord Taurus wagon and within 8K miles had to have the transaxle/transmission replaced three times as they literally exploded and chewed themselves up inside the cases, had two rear slide glass window just pop out and shower the road with bits and pieces, 4 head gasket replacements, 1 intake manifold replacement, 2 lower steering end link replacements and one heater core replacement. By 10k miles it was no longer in my fleet.

You have raised my curiosity, though...since I am contemplating an upgrade to a new SRT8 knowing what's in front of me for fixes. Who knows...in 6 months or less I may be ranting as well! LOLOL

·
Registered
563 Posts
My car is garage kept and doesn't sit out in the sun when I am at work either, so I don't think it has been continually hot enough for this to happen to me yet. However, I did just find I have the 80 MPH vibration!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think it's more of the point that it would be nice not to have these minor issues on a $50k car. Before I picked up Vader I looked at other cars which would have better service and most likely better built. In the end, the 300 has all the features of cars costing $20k more. I know American cars aren't the best built but in the end that's what I wanted.
The carbon fiber trim above the glove box on my car pops loose, the panel between the console and dash on the driver side needed to be popped in and the rear deck is not seated correctly. I have the leather dash and some spots have wrinkles but I'll wait it out and see if it goes away, if the carbon fiber gets worse I'll take it in, I'm not messing with the rear deck as nobody will notice it. This morning I did discover that the paint is damaged under the driver side tail light on the bumper. I have them off and this seems like it'll peel back after time if not fixed.

Reactions: FAKESRT

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Here are some pics of the trim lifting. It probably wouldn't bother me as much if it was right in front of me on the shifter. You can see on the first pic that the trim is starting to lifton the other side as well
I know it sucks that your new ride is doing that. Take it into the dealership that is def. a warranty fix.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would definitely take it back to dealer. The only issue I have with mine is that that nav system has a few glitches in it. It's intermittent and if I shut it down and restart the engine it fixes itself. Other than that it's been very reliable.

·
Registered
510 Posts
One word: W A R R A N T Y. I've had new Hondas rust, new GMs have drivetrains and steering racks that fall apart, and any number of electrical problems with European / import cars. Minor interior trim and other things that don't prevent the vehicle from moving are trivial, and I'll take those kind of teething problems ANY DAY over the vehicle being immobilized, and in the shop for weeks, or broken down on the side of the road. Hell, even then you have roadside assistance!

Enough about the recall notice. Would you rather drive a Ford and not have a recall, and then be broken down on the side of the road? C'mon, every new vehicle has issues. I've never had a new car that I haven't had to bring back at least once within the warranty period. That's what the warranty is there for. This isn't a pair of socks, it's a complex machine. I continue to be impressed that people can drive a new car and ignore things like oil changes, tire pressures, wiper blade replacement, and the damned things keep going.

Reactions: Gibby

·
Registered
218 Posts
I WOULD GO TOTALLY APE SHIT IF I HAD THAT PROBLEM!!

Rant? This is a forum, its supposed to be for ranting!

My "P R N D" has a scratch on it, and I had them replace the entire piece under warranty.

I don't care if its not a $100k sedan, its my sedan..........I will take back to the dealer for anything if I believe its not normal wear-and-tear.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Classy 300C, I had the exact thing happen on my car the carbon fiber trim was lifting in the exact same spot as yours. The dealer replaced it no questions asked, they didn't have the part in stock so it took about 7 days to come in, they replaced it in about 20 min. Once it arrived.

I know it sucks to have glitches and faults and its pain to have to go to the dealer but no car is perfect, that's what warranties are for.

I had a brand new Jaguar XF Supercharged and within the first year the leather dash was warping and coming apart and that was an 80k car, also had a brand new BMW M3 and in the first year I had to have the power windows fixed 3 times and the passenger door handle replaced 2 times. No car is immune to problems and the more features and options the more chances of stuff going wrong.

By the way don't bother trying to glue the trim back down it will come up again. I was able to keep it down with 3m outdoor double sided tape until the new part came in from Chrysler.

Sent from my iPad

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've had four LX vehicles in the last seven years. With the exception of a trans issue in my 2005 300C they have all been reliable and i have driven them all pretty hard. I had a BMW 525. It was a piece of junk. The ultimate driving machine turned out to the ultimate pain in the ass. I'll take my Chrysler over any BMW.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Happened to mine too. Dealer tried to tell me "these" cars don't like the heat. I said "what, so you don't sell in Texas or arizona?" He seemed annoyed so I gave more annoyed. :shysmile: I said that is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. They ordered and installed the part.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Happened to mine too. Dealer tried to tell me "these" cars don't like the heat. I said "what, so you don't sell in Texas or arizona?" He seemed annoyed so I gave more annoyed. :shysmile: I said that is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. They ordered and installed the part.
Your dealer is an idiot; good for you calling him on that stupid statement. Sounds like it's time to find another one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I took it to the dealer yesterday and found out the part is on back order, and they have no idea when it will be in. The service writer said that its most likely been a recurring issue and thats probably why the part is on back order. I'll keep you guys posted.:cussing:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had mine for about 6 months now had the first oil change done and have no problems as of yet very happy with it so far the only thing thing that im paying attention to is the way it down shifts. Some time it feels like it hits to hard when slowing down other than that im an happy camper

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here are some pics of the trim lifting. It probably wouldn't bother me as much if it was right in front of me on the shifter. You can see on the first pic that the trim is starting to lifton the other side as well
Mine is doing that a little bit too. I'd just have the dealer glueit. Most likely like a lot of things they moved thing through production to fast. With all the paint issues people have had, I wonder if the factories are not letting the pain cure long enough. I have only had my car for a week. I haven't noticed any paint imperfections other than some slight orange peel, but every black car I've owned had a little of that when your face is 2" close.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I finally had my console bezel come in after about a 10 day wait but it was damaged (the corners were chipped)supposedly from the shipping, so the dealer had to order me a new one. Needless to say another 10 day wait for the new bezel and another visit to the dealership. This has been a huge pain in the ass but finally after about a month and half of waiting for parts and scheduling appts with the dealer, its finally fixed and looks good.

BUT.....BUT.....BUT...........this is getting ridiculous now! The trim piece that goes across the dash above the glove compartment is also lifting off now! WTF? Did they run out of glue at the factory and just lick the pieces on or what? This is getting frustrating...:smashfrea:smashfrea

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a photo of the second peice of trim lifting off the dash. You can see there is hardly any glue on the thing. Here we go again back to the dealer.....

I'll probably just use some double sided tape but i'm afraid the whole peice is eventually going to fall off.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 171 Posts