Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been to my dealer, and I have called Chyrsler cares, HAHA, they don't, and I have called SRT. The trim is coming up, falling off, or has fallen off of all but the drivers door, the radio surround, and the HVAC controls.

I have been offered a price list, and told "Sorry" Although we currently are paying off our 6th FCA vehicle. It will most likely be our last. It doesn't pay to be loyal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the part was already replaced, the new part has a 2 year warranty from the date of install (at least that's what my dealership is stating).

Pull the receipt and go to the dealer.

If you have Maxcare it might be covered as well.

I believe I'm on my 6th or 7th shift plate... So you're a rookie... LOL
Rookie indeed - jeez! Had no trouble at the dealer - was in and out in <15 minutes the first time and they said they'd fix it at no charge. Then the fun began :)

Took >2 weeks to get the shifter plate in. Got a call from the dealer the day they installed it - it was chipped on the corner upon arrival, so they had another one overnighted and kept the car for another day. Trouble is, the 2nd one had the same problem! They installed it anyway since they wanted to get in touch with the shipper so they'd actually pack it properly...

The service guy I worked with was super apologetic and was committed to fixing the problem, thankfully. He told me their supplier didn't actually have any more so they'd need to manufacture the part so it'd be a couple weeks - and they'd make sure they packed it properly for shipping.

The saga continues...

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I now know that these Carbon Fiber bits are not covered by MaxCare as a totally unrelated carbon fiber bit fell off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a lot of problems with my carbon fiber. Dash, door panels, shifter area all popping off, black vapor chrome peeling off the wheels. I went round and round with FCA, SRT, and dealership for 3 months. I was 6 months out of warranty when I started but only had 30k on the car. Almost gave up, then said screw it, I'll email CEO Sergio Marchionne himself. I got a call the next day from someone from Sterling Heights, corporate. He agreed almost immediately to reimburse me up to $4,400 for repairs. Scared the crap put of me because I was trusting his word. Went to the dealer, spent $4,400, faxed him the receipt, and got a check a month later. Hope this helps somebody that was in the same boat I was in.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I had a lot of problems with my carbon fiber. Dash, door panels, shifter area all popping off, black vapor chrome peeling off the wheels. I went round and round with FCA, SRT, and dealership for 3 months. I was 6 months out of warranty when I started but only had 30k on the car. Almost gave up, then said screw it, I'll email CEO Sergio Marchionne himself. I got a call the next day from someone from Sterling Heights, corporate. He agreed almost immediately to reimburse me up to $4,400 for repairs. Scared the crap put of me because I was trusting his word. Went to the dealer, spent $4,400, faxed him the receipt, and got a check a month later. Hope this helps somebody that was in the same boat I was in.
Wow--nice! How much is one panel of carbon fiber trim to replace? Let's say, on the door panel...? I assume the bulk of your expense was the wheels, right?

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Wow--nice! How much is one panel of carbon fiber trim to replace? Let's say, on the door panel...? I assume the bulk of your expense was the wheels, right?
I don't know what the one of the door panel cost, but they had to replace my entire door panel.

I was at the dealer today, (one of my wheels has the black chrome flaking off) the fellow said Chrysler has been offering a bit of goodwill relating to this carbon fiber issue. Since they just replaced a couple more pieces out of warranty for me, I believe him.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I now know that these Carbon Fiber bits are not covered by MaxCare as a totally unrelated carbon fiber bit fell off.
I take it back, Chrysler replaced the additional part no charge.

Way to go Chrysler!

Keep it up Chrysler and you might sell me one of the new TwinTurbo 300's!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I don't know what the one of the door panel cost, but they had to replace my entire door panel.

I was at the dealer today, (one of my wheels has the black chrome flaking off) the fellow said Chrysler has been offering a bit of goodwill relating to this carbon fiber issue. Since they just replaced a couple more pieces out of warranty for me, I believe him.
Nice! You must be in good w/ the service dept there...can't imagine my dealer replacing my carbon fiber trim for free...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Me Too! Sad delaminating carbon fiber trim...

I'm having the same problem. Door panel and shift trim delaminated. I'm hoping that Chrysler will help since I'm just outside of 36 months - but I would have expected them to last nearly forever.

I was looking at 300 SRTs on the for sale boards and they all either have the trim pulled off or peeling. So - what can be done to preserve/fix it? For those of us who plan to hang onto the car for a while, what is the future for these panels? I guess I was thinking that after spending the sort of money that these cars cost, the trim would hold up better. ::crying::

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess I am venting a little....but I'm curious to see if anyone else has had similar issues with the interior.
I did say "its nothing major"...just minor BS.
This is not an isolated issue, that is for sure! I am on my 6th shifter bezel cover (all factory warranted since they each fail before the 1 year warranty), but Chrysler can't seem to figure out their carbon fiber products are crap, plain and simple. Before my factory warranty ran out, they replaced the two rear interior door panels because of the carbon fiber strips coming loose. I thought they would just glue the strips back in, but no, they replaced the entire panels. The rear deck has come loose, and the carbon fiber strip on the passenger side dash is also loose now. I will glue it back on myself, when it is completely loose. One more item, the leather dash came loose from the front, near the windshield and also had to be completely replaced, luckily right before the 3yr, 36,000 mile warranty ran out. That was a little over a $3,000 repair bill for Chrysler. Don't let the guys on here bully you, Chrysler knows about these problems and just chooses to ignore them. This is my 5 Chrysler and I just bought a 2016 Hellcat as well, so I am not a Mopar hater by any means. I do expect better quality when buying a $60,000 car though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Worked for me

Not to sure if you want to try it my way. But in reality it is a simple diy in regards to the trim surrounding the shift knob. Bought a simple clamp from home depot with rubber on the end pieces (so as not to scratch anything), fast drying super clue, bought some no name nail polish remover with acetone in it and uninstalled the shift trim. Its been holding up for a good 2 weeks now, mind you this process was used in 2 CORNERS. Made it very simple.

1) Removed as much of the original glue as i could w.o prying it open any more
2) Injected a good amount of the super glue
3) Clamped it as tight as i could and left it overnight to fully harden
4) Late morning i released the clamped from the trim. If some glue was squeezed out during the clamping process, simply grab a micro fibre towel and put a small dab of the nail polish remover on it and wipe away. Shouldn't harm the plastic in any way in small amounts.
5) Re-install.

* Before anyone asks, yes I did talk to my dealer. Basically said the corners lifted because I was playing around with it? Told me it would not be covered under warranty and if i wanted it replaced, it would come out of my pocket. *
* Video of how to uninstall the shifter trim. Yes, the video of a 12 charger set but it is EXACTLY the same way of how you would work on your 12+ 300 srt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwjFdxZky4Y *
I followed this procedure to the letter a couple of months ago. So far so good

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had another shift plate put in and it had already started to peel up on the backside of the shifter bezel near the cup holders. I decided enough was enough so I took the shifter bezel out, mixed up some JB Weld, applied, it, and clamped it together for 24 hours. It's been just about a month now and hopefully it will stay down. Over the winter and I will be tearing the back apart to try and fix the back deck. I hate seeing it when I look in my rear mirror.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to sure if you want to try it my way. But in reality it is a simple diy in regards to the trim surrounding the shift knob. Bought a simple clamp from home depot with rubber on the end pieces (so as not to scratch anything), fast drying super clue, bought some no name nail polish remover with acetone in it and uninstalled the shift trim. Its been holding up for a good 2 weeks now, mind you this process was used in 2 CORNERS. Made it very simple.

1) Removed as much of the original glue as i could w.o prying it open any more
2) Injected a good amount of the super glue
3) Clamped it as tight as i could and left it overnight to fully harden
4) Late morning i released the clamped from the trim. If some glue was squeezed out during the clamping process, simply grab a micro fibre towel and put a small dab of the nail polish remover on it and wipe away. Shouldn't harm the plastic in any way in small amounts.
5) Re-install.

* Before anyone asks, yes I did talk to my dealer. Basically said the corners lifted because I was playing around with it? Told me it would not be covered under warranty and if i wanted it replaced, it would come out of my pocket. *
* Video of how to uninstall the shifter trim. Yes, the video of a 12 charger set but it is EXACTLY the same way of how you would work on your 12+ 300 srt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwjFdxZky4Y *
I followed this to the letter and it's held fine for 3 months.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts