Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
This may be an old reply, but, my car is now about 5 years old... I've had to replace that carbon fiber shifter bezel twice, and on this third version it's even worse that the first two times.... the dashboard has come u hinged twice already as well. Radio replaced two times and still doesn't work properly... service dealer tries to tell me it's related to phone upgrades...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Carbon fiber trim has been replaced 3 times. The first time they said it was 3700 to replace it. Car was just out of warranty first time. Screamed and yell in email to Chrysler. They fixed it and said if it was not an SRT they would not have. So now each time the fix it it has a new warranty under MOPAR parts. They told me leave the windows open. I mean are they stupid? Black car may be they should just sell white. Dash panel at windshield was replaced. Now it is up again. Can't wait till it goes over the one year period and I am screwed. "Man on moon how many years ago but you can't make a trim piece stick?" Probably my last Chrysler product ever. They ask why we don't bring it there for service. Told them never any place to park with out walking a good distance. They looked back at all the keeps wife bought when they were deciding to fix it. What a joke. Now U-connet has become U-disconnect. Sad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was interested in maybe a used 13-14 SRT8.... and every one I checked out on a lot had the carbon fiber dashes already unglued and warping regardless of color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a "12 300 SRT and the carbon fiber trim is also separating on mine. Shifter console has been reglued twice. R/F and L/R door trim pieces have been reglued three times. L/F and R/R door trim pieces were missing when I bought the car used in 2014 (only warranty I had was powertrain.) Bad part about this is door trim pieces are not available separately on the SRT. Must buy a door panel, $900.00 + dollars each. The door trim pieces for the 300C, M, etc. are wood grain and are available separately, around $60.00 dollars each.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have an extended warranty on my 12 SRT8 and will call my insurance company to see what they will say, hope they can fix it under warranty.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
The carbon fiber on my driver door popped off a few days ago.

I took the shower curtain rod of my kids bathtub, stuck 1/8” foam rubber insulation to a paint stir stick. Pillow on the passenger door so the curtain rod wouldn’t damage it, Gorilla glue on the popped off part. Put the wood over the popped part, curtain rod put in place to hold it.

$5 repair

I hope it holds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Horrible "Customer Service" when blaming the customer is the way forward

Seems this is a continuous problem and it would be less of a problem if I did not just get off the phone with FCA (800-992-1997) and they try to blame me for the damage to this one piece of trim claiming that it was damaged heat when nothing else is damaged from heat in the car.

Then to get me off the phone and not explain what they were trying to say they decided to start telling me about a remebrisment process. They were unable to give me any details about the decision process and come to findout it has nothing to do with my situation.

So I am now waiting for a manager to call me back withing 1 business day which means Monday.

I bought the car in Arizona and I live in Texas and it is in a garage 80% percent of the time as I travel for work so it has 37,995 Miles on it. For a premium car it is not worth it, if it falls apart when properly taken care of.

Lester John

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
The carbon fiber strip on the drivers door popped off on the other end...

This took Two shower curtain rods, a paint stir stick with cushy foam rubber stuck to it to prevent damage, some masking and Gorilla glue.

Thaaaaaaaaanks Chrysler!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Seems this is a continuous problem and it would be less of a problem if I did not just get off the phone with FCA (800-992-1997) and they try to blame me for the damage to this one piece of trim claiming that it was damaged heat when nothing else is damaged from heat in the car.

Then to get me off the phone and not explain what they were trying to say they decided to start telling me about a remebrisment process. They were unable to give me any details about the decision process and come to findout it has nothing to do with my situation.

So I am now waiting for a manager to call me back withing 1 business day which means Monday.

I bought the car in Arizona and I live in Texas and it is in a garage 80% percent of the time as I travel for work so it has 37,995 Miles on it. For a premium car it is not worth it, if it falls apart when properly taken care of.

Lester John
The funny thing is my carbon fiber comes unglued when it's cold outside, not from the heat.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Reactions: Koooop

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Good find, I just asked the seller if this kit matches the existing interior carbon fiber. If it does I’m buying one, even if it’s just close I’ll probably buy one. I expect to keep my SRT for 4-6 more years and these carbon fiber bits keep popping off.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I’ve been using gorilla glue On the bits that pop off. Finding a way to apply pressure while the glue dries can be a bit challenging but the gorilla glue seems be working beautifully.

And my leather dash is starting to bubble dammit.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
The question I asked:

I have a 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8. The kit looks good, my question is does it match the existing carbon fiber in the vehicle? Changing out every piece would be a nightmare, but this would be a great kit to have spare pieces available as they fail. All of the second generation 300 SRT8’s have failing carbon fiber.

Seller answer regarding that kit:

Hello
Can you send a picture of the carbon fiber in your car? It is possible that our carbon fiber will not be the same, as it might be darker or have a different twill size.
Also, I would like to inform your that this product is made to order and it takes up to 5 business days to make it.
We don't sell actual, molded replacement parts.
Our product is like a sticker (we don't use vinyl material), you do not remove anything in order to install it. We use one layer of real carbon fiber, all parts are backed with self adhesive 3M tape and are coated with resin, which gives them a high glossy look.
Parts are designed to be applied on top of the existing dashboard, but they do not wrap around the edges. The parts are not soft but they do retain some flexibility. They are about 2mm thick.

Best regards
Arek

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I received a letter from Chrysler yesterday, it appears that they are going to stand behind the peeling carbon fiber on our interiors. This looks like it will apply to all of us.

Merry Christmas to us.

Well, maybe I called Chrysler to clarify. My shift plate curled up so badly that it was stabbing my arm, waiting to see if that particular carbon fiber bit is covered.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Stephanie at the (800) number in the warranty department from Chrysler never bothered to call me back after our conversation of 12/26/2018. I really want a new carbon fiber shift plate so I called in again today and I have some answers.

Verbally it sounds like pretty much all of the interior carbon fiber bits are covered under a warranty extension "X77".

I should have the dealer service bulletin number and a hard copy in the next day or so. It sounds like most countries will be covered by this, even you folks down under. I'll put the bulletin number up as soon as I have it and I'll put photos up here of both documents once they are in my hands.

I will also have the dealer compare the old part numbers with the replacements, if they are the same I'm putting gorilla glue under the replacement shifter bezel this time, after about 8 or so replacements I'm pretty sure the glue is the problem. The gorilla glue has worked beautifully on the carbon fiber on my door panels, they haven't come off again.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Warranty extension reference X77

Bulletin number 23–051–18

The letter is dated December 17, 2018. The cars that are out of warranty are only covered by this for one year.

As slow as this forum is I hope folks see this in time to get it covered.

Be sure you read the letter, if you paid for these repairs you may be eligible for reimbursement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Warranty extension reference X77

Bulletin number 23–051–18

The letter is dated December 17, 2018. The cars that are out of warranty are only covered by this for one year.

As slow as this forum is I hope folks see this in time to get it covered.

Be sure you read the letter, if you paid for these repairs you may be eligible for reimbursement.
I'm probably scheduling my replacement for next week. The service manager also happens to be a 300 SRT enthusiast and has worked with Chrysler to get my dash goodwilled for the delaminating leather!

·
Registered
12 Posts
peeled for the 5th time now they say no more warranty. **** them the never corrected the problem. Soon as summer comes it pops. Never another Chrysler Product EVER!

141 - 160 of 171 Posts