Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
They’ve been complete jackasses about this issue, all they do is replace defective parts with a defective parts.

get out some gorilla glue, it holds pretty much all of my carbon fiber interior trim in place.

I suggest you practice with an on a couple of random pieces of things, this stuff does expand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, I'm scheduling another appointment this week. I have had the carbon fiber perpetually replaced, every summer like clock work. I may go for the gorilla glue solution. The dash bubbled once and Chrysler and I came to an agreement and I was able to get a discounted replacement a couple of years ago. Now it is happening again.

There is a real opportunity for an aftermarket company to produce a thicker and more durable set of appliques. I would really like to get a final set form the dealer, put them away for the next owner, and put something else black in their place that will not keep doing this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good bye 300 SRT8 got rid of it yesterday. Nice car, handles well, rides well and peppy. Could NOT take interior buckling all the time,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good bye SRT 8 couldn't take failing interior any more. Dash buckling, exterior windshield cowl, constantly replacing CF trim.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got 19500 trade in 2013 64,000 miles every option possible on it except chrome grill. Funny got new vehicle exactly 8 years later to the day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm seriously thinking the same thing. Chrysler keeps replacing the carbon fiber like clock work, but eventually they will stop stocking the part. The dash is wrinkled and they said that although the Jeeps all got new dash pads, they won't be doing anything for the 300s. I love everything about the car except for the interior trim. On the way home I pulled hard away away from a couple of stop lights which reminded me why I love this car. What would I replace it with?

·
Registered
8 Posts
How is the Gorilla glue holding up? Has anyone had success with the shifter plate? That's the one that is causing me the most grief.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
How is the Gorilla glue holding up? Has anyone had success with the shifter plate? That's the one that is causing me the most grief.
I’ve only had one gorilla glued part come up, I reglued it no problem. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Got 19500 trade in 2013 64,000 miles every option possible on it except chrome grill. Funny got new vehicle exactly 8 years later to the day.
My ‘12 is going next week, a 5,800 mile ATS-V with a manual transmission is on a truck heading my way.

I thoroughly enjoyed the SRT, great car but Chrysler should have included a bottle of gorilla glue!

I’m going to miss the adaptive cruise, the Harmon Kardon sound system and that brute of a 6.4.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright I know its been hot and the interior is black...But damn!! The car is only 8 months old and the interior carbon fiber trim is starting to coming unglued and lifting right on the shifter console. I really love this car and haven't had any major problems but then again its less than a year old and I shouldn't have any problems...But, I have to admit its been quite a few nuisance issues. First, from day one, its was the condensation in the head lights, and now, its the trim lifting, and then my Satelite radio went out and lets not forget the recall notice.
It nothing major but its a lot of little things that are starting to bug me.....Anyone else have similar issues?
Yes, we've had the same problems. We also have the trim on the doors coming up and cracking. Rather than being able to replace just the trim, the dealer says we have to replace the whole interior door, which is ridiculous!

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Yes, we've had the same problems. We also have the trim on the doors coming up and cracking. Rather than being able to replace just the trim, the dealer says we have to replace the whole interior door, which is ridiculous!
They did replace the entire door panel at one point, but the last couple times they did just the carbon fiber trim piece on my passenger door and threw a little gorilla glue on it before they installed it. Problem solved.

I pretty much just glued everything back in place with a few drops of gorilla glue. Only one time did it fail and I just reglued it.

I actually bought a couple of adjustable shower curtain rods to put pressure on the pieces once I glued them. Expand them to size, prop them against something else in the car. No more problem. I haven’t had anything come apart in ages.

The carbon fiber tends to curl in cold weather, put a little heat on it with a hairdryer to straighten out and glue away.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts