hey does anyone have a carfax account?
can you please check this 300's vin
my friend is thinking about buying it
thanks
2C3AA63H75H626674

·
Registered
534 Posts
Running a report on an account, that the account holder is not considering is violating the CarFax Terms of Service. Its grounds for an immediate acount cancelation, and the account holder will be charged for each report that ran.

Needless to say, nobody with half a brain will run a report for you. CarFax wanders around forums all the time, and has snitches all over (including myself). If your friend wants one, tell him to spend the $25. If he can't afford $25 he can't afford the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey does anyone have a carfax account?
can you please check this 300's vin
my friend is thinking about buying it
thanks
2C3AA63H75H626674
Ya, I have an active account left over from my purchase of my 300. And no, I won't run a report for you.

·
Registered
435 Posts
well, if I had a cf account I would do it, hey I paid for it so my choice to do what I want with it. Being snooty and just chiming in to say "I have one but I don't want to... wah...wah... wah..." is truly a biatch thing to do.
Ignore his pleas or leave it alone, why try to be on hear waving your Cf account like it makes someone out of you, damn, self esteem must run really low to have to use a CF account to make yourself feel important.
good luck pbufh, hope some one runs it for you. If anyone decides to do it I'd go with a PM. Though this is something small, an act of random kindness may some day save you own life, or, then again, maybe it wont....

·
Registered
70 Posts
No "biatch" at all. And the carfax account is NOT for you to do with as you please. Know how to read? Go read the agreement YOU agreed to. Doesn't let you do searchs for other people.

And anybody whose mother instilled an ounce of ethical underpinnings would know that.

Biatch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Running a report on an account, that the account holder is not considering is violating the CarFax Terms of Service. Its grounds for an immediate acount cancelation, and the account holder will be charged for each report that ran.

Needless to say, nobody with half a brain will run a report for you. CarFax wanders around forums all the time, and has snitches all over (including myself). If your friend wants one, tell him to spend the $25. If he can't afford $25 he can't afford the car.
What kind of loser are you, seriously?
Who the **** gives a **** if you're not supposed to check it for other people. What are you a carfax cop? You snitch on people that give this information out?
Who gives a ****. Are you telling me you've never downloaded music without the artists permission? never used any of the other MILLION of illegal pirated sourcesonline?
are you some sort of ****in nerd?
Yes he can obviously afford the 30 dollars to check the car fax report, but why spend it when he doesn't have to? smart people save money, that's how you become rich.
If you're not going to help then don't reply; I don't need to read your wannabe cop **** on here.
And by the way, I actually have had a lot of people run the report for me, and I do believe they have half a Brai,. most likely more brains than someone who 'snitches' online for people for no compensation.
loser.

·
Registered
435 Posts
No "biatch" at all. And the carfax account is NOT for you to do with as you please. Know how to read? Go read the agreement YOU agreed to. Doesn't let you do searchs for other people.

And anybody whose mother instilled an ounce of ethical underpinnings would know that.

Biatch.
aw, did I hurt your lil feewings... poor baby. grow up.
Reading your answer, it can be presumed you're young and quite immature.

Firstly, seeing as how you asked if I know how to read but failed to show exemplary reading skills yourself, as I said in my first post, IF I had a CF account I would run the report for pbufh. Fact of the matter is I don't have a CF account. So, to clear things up, I did not agree to any agreement.

Secondly, if I were to pay for a service that offered the unlimited searches for $29.99, I see it as an act of kindness and generosity in helping someone in this situation who, for whatever reason, can't (or maybe even won't) pay for a search on his own. I am not, and would not be advertising a free for use CF account but if someone needs some help then it would be nice to do so. So as I have written, though this is something small, an act of random kindness may some day save you own life

I didn't make a personal attack against you but I do stand by my comment in stating that coming in and gloating saying, I could help you but choose not to, is very ungentlemanly, and lacks honor in of itself....
and yes it is a BITCH thing to do.

If you realize I am writing in regards to the action and not in regards to yourself as a person, if you can not differentiate between the two then it speaks more of you than I ever could. I mean you know yourself more than I to make that determination and take the comment personally.

Finally, I must add while you are attempting to speak of ethical underpinnings, it would be expected for you to know better while name calling on an open forum.

Post any reply to this as you would like, I'm done with you, as the adage states, "don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag you to his level and beat you with experience..."

Be well, grow up, bring a more mature attitude next time you post.

·
Registered
534 Posts
What kind of loser are you, seriously?
Who the **** gives a **** if you're not supposed to check it for other people. What are you a carfax cop? You snitch on people that give this information out?
Who gives a ****. Are you telling me you've never downloaded music without the artists permission? never used any of the other MILLION of illegal pirated sourcesonline?
are you some sort of ****in nerd?
Yes he can obviously afford the 30 dollars to check the car fax report, but why spend it when he doesn't have to? smart people save money, that's how you become rich.
If you're not going to help then don't reply; I don't need to read your wannabe cop **** on here.
And by the way, I actually have had a lot of people run the report for me, and I do believe they have half a Brai,. most likely more brains than someone who 'snitches' online for people for no compensation.
loser.
Dude, you're not getting the point here. Violating the Terms of Service is breaking the law. Its the same as stealing. Do you go into an All you can eat buffet, and feed everybody there? You paid for it, so you can do what you want, right? :twak:

·
Registered
223 Posts
So, lemme get this straight. If your own mother said, "Honey, would you check this with your CarFax acct.?"

You'd say, "No, Mother. That would be illegal."
It's the same f***ing thing.

You wouldn't check for a friend?
It's the same f***ing thing.

CarFax couldn't give two ****s about you. So people should do what they want with their own carfax acct. and you should mind your buisness if you don't approve.

I'm sure that when things suit you you'll bend and/or break the rules to accomodate your needs. But, when this comes along you sit there acting like Saint CarFax looking down your holier-than-thou nose at another guy. You're a hypocrite.

And actually yeah. I did go to a buffett and sneak food out for a homeless guy once.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
This issue comes up on car forums on a regular basis.

If this forum condones - or even just permits - members to solicit an illegal activity, the forum can be put in legal jepordy. The same thing applies to - say - copying and distributing CD's of shop repair manuals.

In the interest of the members who would like to see this forum stay on the internet, I am locking this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.