Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any of the 3 cargo organizer accessories for the trunk. The 2 I'm considering seem to have molded cargo liner for the floor of the trunk and a small carry crate to the left. One of the 2 also has a pop-open bin with net walls to hold 4 grocery bags with hooks.

Groceries slide all over the place and the stock net doesnt hold much. I'm afraid I'm going to have a smashed whiskey bottle in the trunk and that smell, while not entirely offensive to me, would be hard to explain to passengers on Monday.

How you guys avoid this prob?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Keeps yer whiskey up front is how! :D

I looked all over and bought one - not one of the ones from a CHRY dealer, but a generic from ebags.com. I'm very disappointed and considering returning it. It's the perfect size (32"x18"), but it only has two compartments. The other "compartments" that were in the description turn out to be just little "pouch" thingies on the front of the thing...

I wanna keep jumper cables, emergency trangles, flares, a few light tools, a 12V air compressor, an emergency jumpstart battery, etc. organized. The price was right at $69 tho. Might just find a few boxes to put in it to divide up the space...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yesterday I got the (Mopar) deluxe cargo organizer I mail-ordered from Tenafly Chrysler parts dept. in NJ. The little install sheet that came with it says it's for the LX Wagon; makes me wonder if I got the wrong thing since I have a 300C (not a wagon).

Anyway, the thing doesn't really fit in my trunk that well, and it has a lot less features on it than what I was picturing. The instruction sheet says to take out the trunk cargo floor, put in the tray bottom, pop in the cargo tray, and then put the cargo floor back in on top of everything.

Well, the cargo floor won't really fit now that the organizer is in there unless you wedge it in, which involves dropping the rear seats and then jamming the cargo floor up against the hump that the trunk latch comes out of.

And for all this effort, you gain neat little grocery bag hooks, but at the expense of losing a great deal of cargo space.

Unless you guys can figure out what (if anything) I'm doing wrong, I'm pretty sure it's getting sent back.

On a different note: the premium dark slate floormats look great against the lt graystone carpet. [Just wanted to end on a happy note.]

·
Registered
901 Posts
I saw that cargo organizer,
Thought about it but the one that came with mine works just fine and I still have lots of room. Thanks for the input on other one. :) I will stick with mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
jjs, I carry one of those crates in each of my cars, very handy. Found mine at Wal-Mart for around $5-6 each. Especially handy for visits to the nursery. I am considering getting the rubber trunk floor though, just the fact that it's rubber should help to keep things anchored and I think it would be easy to clean. Anyone have one? Opinions please?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
HEMEEE said:
jjs, I carry one of those crates in each of my cars, very handy. Found mine at Wal-Mart for around $5-6 each. Especially handy for visits to the nursery. I am considering getting the rubber trunk floor though, just the fact that it's rubber should help to keep things anchored and I think it would be easy to clean. Anyone have one? Opinions please?
I use my truck for any hauling, etc. but if you are referring to something like...

http://www.autoanything.com/product...=1476&se=weathertech_cargo_liners_trunk_liner

I would think it should work well for your needs.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
jjs said:
I use my truck for any hauling, etc. but if you are referring to something like...

http://www.autoanything.com/products/product_fm.aspx?p_id=1476&se=weathertech_cargo_liners_trunk_liner

I would think it should work well for your needs.
Thanks for the link jjs, I was considering the Mopar liner but I think this one is le$$, didn't know they made it. I'd like to hear from anyone that has this or the Mopar liner.

We usually use hubby's truck for hauling too, but the last time we went to the nursery for trees we came home with a piano! :eek: Kinda cuts into my mod fund for my C, which now may become my SRT-8 fund, so I don't let him go with me anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts