Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else disappointed with the quality of the carpet in your 300. It almost has the apperance of astro turf, you can see the rows in it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yo G-Boe, I’m not disappointed with the carpet on the 300C. To be honest the leather is as bad or worse than the carpet. All these little things in the 300C make it affordable. If you notice on the right side of the driver seat they used cloth instead of leather as well as using that same trick on other parts of the driver and passenger seats. I bet the leather they save doing that will surely be enough leather for a whole nother car about every 20 to 25 300C's, at the end if you make 20,000 300C's almost 1,000 of them will be fully leathered by what they saved on the other 20,000 300C's. It's all about value to them. Damn! I took it too far, all in all the quality is what I expected. :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
This has been talked about in the past....
I plan on replacing my carpet in probably 3 years to match the top of my dash (charcoal). The light beige carpet I have now is hard to keep clean and is rather thin. I might as well wear this one out for a few years and then when I replace it with new high quality carpet...it'll feel like a new car again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the light beige carpet, however, I replaced the front and rear mats with the Chrysler charcoal mats and they are easier to keep clean and do not show the dirt like the beige. When I sell this one, will replace the charcoal with the original beige carpets.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Funny people are doing headers and exhausts etc. at risk to the powertrain warranty. Few are doing leather/carpet upgrades. I agree the carpet and leather are flimsy and when they start to look bad I will replace both with the color and quality of my choice. I am thinking of Wilton wool carpet and German (BMW)leather but only when the cheap stuff wears out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The carpet is one thing...but what's up with the back seat being mostly vinyl?

BTW, cloth is placed on the insides of the front seats to keep them from squeaking against the console when you move them...many cars do that these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts