Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car for about 2 weeks now always stops at least 1 time a day. I took it into a shop and they cleaned the throttle body out. Since no codes or even the actual problem was showing up to them at the time they said to try it out. Later that night my car stopped just as I was pulling in my driveway. The following day I took it back and they preplaced the crankshaft position sensor and some relay I think it had to do with fuel. Later that night while on a highway the car shuts off again. Usually I'm able to start the car within 10 seconds again, but I must have waited at least 5 mins this time. I've seen others have the similar problem and fixed it with the crankshaft position sensor. When I try and induce the problem I try to do the key dance to maybe get a code since the codes would erase once the car starts. This is a 06' 2.7.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Tony, I am not sure this applies to the 2.7 but many 300 owners have experienced issues with the evaporative emissions system. It becomes saturated with fuel from fill ups and causes stalling.

Check that next!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'll tell the shop about it. What do you think about a camshaft position sensor?

·
Registered
562 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They replaced the crankshaft position sensor, camshsaft position sensor is something different. A few month back they replaced my oil pressure switch because while driving it would blink at random times. Ill show them this ees thing. We're all just clueless as to what it might be.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wierd thing is why doesnt this code show up for the ees or anything?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im taking it in tmr morning. Weird thing is I think it might be weather related. It usually shuts off the first drive of the day, which is usally somewhat cold and this morning i drove it in the pouring rain and it didnt shut off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Tony - I have 2005 same model and I'm running into the same problem - we've replaced the fuel pump so far but really don't want to keep throwing good $ into it and not getting resolution. Did you ever resolve your problem? What was it that finally resolved it?

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Hey Tony - I have 2005 same model and I'm running into the same problem - we've replaced the fuel pump so far but really don't want to keep throwing good $ into it and not getting resolution. Did you ever resolve your problem? What was it that finally resolved it?
That member hasn't been on this forum for almost 4 years. I doubt he will be providing an answer anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Can you tell if you are getting consistant spark? Fuel,air, compression, spark it must run.Ray

·
Registered
2 Posts
Change coil wires, damn dealer ripped me off for 1500 dollars replacing all kinda stuff. Then wanted to charge another 700.00 for coils. Told them no and replaced myself today. Car runs fine no more stalling or shut downs. Stay away from dealer if you can, they had my car for 6 weeks and never figured it out
2006 300c

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Patti, same issue with the 2005 V8. Did we ever get a resolution? Throwing money at the car and not getting a solution

1 - 14 of 14 Posts