Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cartek Performance Engineering, Inc. would like to say hello to all forum members.

As an introductory offer we will have a dyno tunning special. Cartek P.E. custom CMR tuning for Chrysler/Dodge NA vehicles optioned below untill the end of September 2008.

Option 1) Hand held Diablo Sport + Dyno tune with the "canned" parameters for your vehicle included in the hand held. Great for bolt on mods. $499.00

Option 2) Hand held Diablo Sport + Dyno tune with the "Custom software" this is a custom tune done by your's truly on vehicles that are cammed or have other major mods and the "canned tune with a few tables" supplied with the Diablo Sport hand held won't do. This price includes dyno and drive-ability tuning. $849.00

For scheduling or if you have any questions just give us a call 908-317-4496 or send email to [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks again, Julio

Cartek P.E., Inc.
110 South Ave.
Garwood, NJ 07027
Ph# 908-317-4496
Cartek Racing

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
$849?? that better be one hell of a friggin tune, yikes

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
OHHHH, Handheld we can get from vendors on the board for $369 shipped including cables. So your tune, if my math is correct is $849 - $369 = $480

Thats on par with Steve from RDP but even he is expensive in comparison to others.

When you say cmr tune does that mean you will tune on the dyno until your happy with the results? How about part-throttle tuning, you do anything with that?

Most guys on this board are more into the bling aspect of things. They are a few who are gearheads like myself. Lots of vendors say they are "CMR Tuners" but really only tune for WOT. Thats ok if your not heavily modded with cam, heads, headers, etc. But when you start getting .550+ lift and 218+ duration on a cam in our cars we need part-trottle tuning. Otherwise, the fuel tables and adaptives will be all over the place making the car have terrible "parking lot" manners. For example shutting off when moving from Drive into Reverse. The only way to tune for part-throttle is by datalogging in normal driving situation and making ajustments, not wide open throttle(not on the dyno)! The dyno should be the last step to adjust timing and fuel under full load (WOT)

I'm not trying to give you a hard time but too many vendors throwing CMR tune around without giving the customer a "full" CMR tune. Not saying this is your case but time will tell.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
This includes the hand held loader that the customer keeps and a custom dyno tune.
ok well thats alittle better but still alittle on the high side, it would be good for people on this forum if you state all details in offers that you post. goodluck

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry that I didn't make it clearer, here is a break down.

Option 1) Hand held Diablo Sport + Dyno tune with the "canned" parameters for your vehicle included in the hand held. Great for bolt on mods. $499.00

Option 2) Hand held Diablo Sport + Dyno tune with the "Custom software" this is a custom tune done by your's truly on vehicles that are cammed or have other major mods and the "canned tune with a few tables" supplied with the Diablo Sport hand held won't do. This price includes dyno and drive-ability tuning. $849.00

Julio

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Most guys on this board are more into the bling aspect of things. They are a few who are gearheads like myself. Lots of vendors say they are "CMR Tuners" but really only tune for WOT. Thats ok if your not heavily modded with cam, heads, headers, etc. But when you start getting .550+ lift and 218+ duration on a cam in our cars we need part-trottle tuning. Otherwise, the fuel tables and adaptives will be all over the place making the car have terrible "parking lot" manners. For example shutting off when moving from Drive into Reverse. The only way to tune for part-throttle is by datalogging in normal driving situation and making ajustments, not wide open throttle(not on the dyno)! The dyno should be the last step to adjust timing and fuel under full load (WOT)

I'm not trying to give you a hard time but too many vendors throwing CMR tune around without giving the customer a "full" CMR tune. Not saying this is your case but time will tell.
Completely understood. We have been tuning for quite some time now(heavily in the LSX world the last 11 years), 20+ years experience, and are fully aware that driveability is critical when tuning. Part throttle, idle, AC turn on, reverse/drive engagement, cold start up, and many more points on the tune we address. Not just WOT. We also know the difference between a dyno tune and the load requirements of a tune for a car on the street. The roller on a dyno does not load up the engine the same way that the road does. Timing and fuel requirements are different.

The needs and requirements of a car with increased overlap are realized, a smooth running car at the end of the tune is what we always strive for. Volumetric efficiency changes are not just at WOT, but throughout the entire range of load and RPM points and they need to be addressed.

The tune is the final piece to the puzzle. Without a good tune, no matter how nice the engine components you have are they will never perform as intended.

If anyone has any questions feel free to call us.

Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Completely understood. We have been tuning for quite some time now(heavily in the LSX world the last 11 years), 20+ years experience, and are fully aware that driveability is critical when tuning. Part throttle, idle, AC turn on, reverse/drive engagement, cold start up, and many more points on the tune we address. Not just WOT. We also know the difference between a dyno tune and the load requirements of a tune for a car on the street. The roller on a dyno does not load up the engine the same way that the road does. Timing and fuel requirements are different.

The needs and requirements of a car with increased overlap are realized, a smooth running car at the end of the tune is what we always strive for. Volumetric efficiency changes are not just at WOT, but throughout the entire range of load and RPM points and they need to be addressed.

The tune is the final piece to the puzzle. Without a good tune, no matter how nice the engine components you have are they will never perform as intended.

If anyone has any questions feel free to call us.

Thanks,
Max
Sounds like you know what your doing over their. We have no "true" CMR tuners here in the nyc area and happy to see someone with a actual clue. Can't wait to see your results on a heavily modded LX.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Thats Not True. There is a TRUE CMR tuner right on L.I.
A.J.
Sorry AJ, I haven't seen or heard anyone who got a cmr tune from you but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Show me a high lift/duration cammed car you've tuned and we can go from there. I'm at a lot of the local car meets and would be very interested in seeing the parking lot manners of one of your tuned cars.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
AJ,

No debate bro, no badmouthing either. Like I said your work will speak for ya. If it's as good as you say the nyc area will be a better place.:fing02:

PS- the same goes for Cartek and another diablo hemi tuner who comes on this or any other board and say I'm a cmr tuner. Results speaks louder than any words.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Will all this claims of making high lift/duration cars drive like stock, i'm getting annoyed haha. Where were you guys when I needed to have my 244/248 .640/.689 110 Trans Am tuned hah.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hemi2ner:

Where are you located in Massapequa??? :)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hemi2ner:

Thanks..I'll be giving you a buzz soon..

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey guys
i can speak from personal expirience with Cartek...
i had a 2002 zo6 heads cam stock botoom end from cartek that ran [email protected] mph it was the record holder for several years.
then i got bored and went with there 427 cube stroker and ran 10.1 @137 which also was a record holder for many years in the c5 world...
then was bored again and bought a new gto and put the sts turbo on with the help of cartek and ran 10.6 @ 132...thanks to cartek
so i have had alot of fun with cartek over the years and i can say without a doubt that they know what their doing and trust them with all my cars.!
i cant tell you how many records they hold in the lsx world because i have been out of touch for a little while but its ALOT..!
i may have to be the first here to give you real #s and results!!

welcome cartek!!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
hey guys
i can speak from personal expirience with Cartek...
i had a 2002 zo6 heads cam stock botoom end from cartek that ran [email protected] mph it was the record holder for several years.
then i got bored and went with there 427 cube stroker and ran 10.1 @137 which also was a record holder for many years in the c5 world...
then was bored again and bought a new gto and put the sts turbo on with the help of cartek and ran 10.6 @ 132...thanks to cartek
so i have had alot of fun with cartek over the years and i can say without a doubt that they know what their doing and trust them with all my cars.!
i cant tell you how many records they hold in the lsx world because i have been out of touch for a little while but its ALOT..!
i may have to be the first here to give you real #s and results!!

welcome cartek!!
Ever since I've seen cartek post this thread I've seen quite a few cartek tee shirts on corvette guys. On sunday mornings out in long island there is a car meet. All the corvette guys rave about cartek, some are my personal friends...waiting to see some results on a lx though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts