Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
300c-srt8

Is there any point in changing the Cat back??
because It comes with a performance exhaust, wont just changing the mufflers give me that same sound and performance as changing the whole catback???? plus its cheaper?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I believe so. I know the suitcase is a choke point, as I'm sure the resonators are as well. I think just replacing those with replacements that at least continue the 2.75" piping flow will perform close if not the same as a complete cat back system.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Eh, it depends. You could either half ass it or do it right?

I dunno, you can't get this stainless steel look from the stock cat back....

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
not...

Eh, it depends. You could either half ass it or do it right?
I dunno, you can't get this stainless steel look from the stock cat back....
I know the pipe bender I use could do a lot better than that all that stuff hanging down. If you want to consider your exhaust as a style element then you need big resonators that hang out where they are visible.

Otherwise just pull the reso's and have some tube bent to fit your stock tips or some cool aftermarket ones. You'll get the same gain that all the aftermarket setups get and lose some weight, too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I know the pipe bender I use could do a lot better than that all that stuff hanging down. If you want to consider your exhaust as a style element then you need big resonators that hang out where they are visible.

Otherwise just pull the reso's and have some tube bent to fit your stock tips or some cool aftermarket ones. You'll get the same gain that all the aftermarket setups get and lose some weight, too.
All what stuff hanging down? I think it's the angle of the pic what makes it look like exhaust is hanging down.

It's not considered a style element, what made it look so good was in fact it was polished stainless steel and is more visible that way vs. the stock cat back which isn't but ****ty looking and the resonators are **** to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts