Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all,
I recently got a warning light on the vehicle and it seems the cats are faulty, I'm currently thinking of just removing the cats and need some advice from the forum. Should I or shouldn't I remove them. I'm South Africa and the vehicle is never tested for emissions. Also any South African on this forum than can recommend a trustable service oriented place I can take the vehicle for a service.

Appreciate your time and advice.

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8 w/ a Hellcat Supercharger
98 Posts
Before you go to the trouble it is very possible one of the o2 sensors could be faulty. If your ride is light on the rust side then it should be pretty easy. There is two nuts and a clamp holding each midpipe to the car. You should be able to remove these easily from under the car. It may make things easier if you remove the entire exhaust, but I do not believe you have to. Once you have the two pipes out of the car, you can insert some type of pry tool or metal to start hammering out the catalyst. When all the material is removed you can put the pipes back into the car. If you do not want to deal with the check engine code for no cats there is a trick. You can either get it tuned out, or you can use two spark plug anti foulers per o2 sensor. Just drill one out to the bore of the o2, and leave the other alone. Screw them all together and reinstall in the midpipe. Clear codes and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Niren

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I would remove them and have it tuned to remove warning light. The performance will increase as well.

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8 w/ a Hellcat Supercharger
98 Posts
I would remove them and have it tuned to remove warning light. The performance will increase as well.
Most tuner will not remove post cat sensors from the code anymore. US laws have changed in the last year preventing tuners and mod shops from removing emission equipment. Using the anti foulers is a hardware solution to that problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts