Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching what catch can is the best one for ME and my SRT8. I found the best one and the best price for this model. I went with the Moroso 85472. (Chrysler 6.1). You can find them generally for around $149 but I got it new for $108 at Jegs and Barnett's Performance (RPD Performance $119). So for some this will be enough for the others, here's my story: I listen and learned about the importance of getting a catch can (oil/fuel separator), but I first went with an inexpensive one that was colored since I wanted a little bing under the hood. Well that ended badly due to poor product craftmanship and my novice abilities. So I bought a different one (more expensive and still flashy). But again only to be disappointed with the cheap plastic fittings, generic install hardware, and it had to be taken off each time to dump. Well that isn't as easy as first thought. I will just say, "A little spilled oil goes a long way." So I began researching more before deciding on the Moroso brand. It only comes in polished aluminum, but......it is very good quality and has an easy drain spout attached to bottom of can. SO take this from me, sometimes cheap is exactly what you get, and flashy isn't practical. You don't have to take my word but it will end up being cheaper and less time consumming if you do. I hope this helps someone!.......

1 - 1 of 1 Posts