Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with their disc changer no longer recognizing their CDs in the system? Mine will no longer even eject the ones I have in there. Also, the radio won't come on until a good 25-30 seconds after the car has been started. I had 0 problems with my sound group II until last night when I went to wash my car. If anyone has had this problem and has a quick fix, I would greatly appreciate a post. I would hate to have to go deal with a dealer for a problem like this.
Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
to be honest, im using sirius and interestingly have only used cd player about 3 times since i bought vehicle in late may. in fact haven't used it in past 4 or 5 months.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had one instance where my CD player didn't run and wouldn't eject my CD-then it resolved itself several hours later with no problems since. My new pacifica won't play sirius on start-up w/o switching to another "mode" (FM/AM/CD) first. Will have dealer look at it next oil change. When the dealer installed my Sirius in my 300, it would not play the sound even though it was clearly receiving the signal. The dealer fixed it but I didn't get channels 1 to 40. So he came out with a computer and connected to the car under the dashboard and still couldn't get it to work and had to call Chrysler-it now works perfectly. He stated that the computer diagnostic tool works great but is new and he doesn't know how to use well yet. It's the same tool that is shown in the CD service manual.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kcrnmale,
Thanks for the info. I'm still having the same problem so I guess I'll just stop by my local dealer and ask them what the deal (pun not intended) is. Hopefully it will be just a quick fix like you said and they won't have to take the whole system out. I don't want to lose a day just getting my car stereo fixed.
I would have gotten the sirius satelite radio but I'm in the navy and I have verbal orders to go to Hawaii in the next year, where (through very limited research so I may be wrong) I have learned that there is no sirius coverage out there. again, thanks for the help
Hans

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's correct, the 3 satellites supporting Sirius are located equidistant across the US continent. Therefore, no Sirius service in either Hawaii or Alaska. Perhaps not either in Canada, but not sure of that at all.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
We cannot sign up for any satellite radio in Canada, thanks to a bunch of Liberals in Ottawa, but hopefully we can get rid of these bunch of idiots and it will be available to us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, one CD was "homemade," but I doubt it had anything to do with the problem. It had 60 MP3s on it so it had been in there for the past 3 weeks and changing to other CDs no problem. It didn't have a label on it either so nothing to gum up the works that way.
I stopped by the dealer today and they are ordering a new stereo and they said it should be in, in the next 3-5 days. The problem is they can't work on the stereos in-house and have to send them back to Chrysler, so it will be 5-6 WEEKS before I get them back. sweet
And thanks Miles for the info on the satellites, guess there's no need for me to ask them to put sirius in while they're fixing my stereo.
I'll keep you all informed as to the dealers progress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two weeks and still no CD player. I stopped by the dealer a week ago and I think it is time to do so again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hans said:
Has anyone else had a problem with their disc changer no longer recognizing their CDs in the system? Mine will no longer even eject the ones I have in there. Also, the radio won't come on until a good 25-30 seconds after the car has been started. I had 0 problems with my sound group II until last night when I went to wash my car. If anyone has had this problem and has a quick fix, I would greatly appreciate a post. I would hate to have to go deal with a dealer for a problem like this.
Thanks
I had the exact problem, went to the dealer and said that chysler has no program to fix that sort of problem so the dealer had the local rep come in and see what they could do. He orderd a new changer and had it installed in two days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts