Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When running an MP3 cd through the system you get all the track info displayed. If you go out and buy a cd and put that on there is no track info at all, does anyone know if there is a way of getting this on the display.
I can remember 15 years back that the info was imbedded in all new cds and came up on the display automatically.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Needs the CD ie disk to be Tagged. Its easy to tag MP3s but unless the cd was pressed with the info then I dont think its possible to get the info you want.

·
Registered
448 Posts
When running an MP3 cd through the system you get all the track info displayed. If you go out and buy a cd and put that on there is no track info at all, does anyone know if there is a way of getting this on the display.
I can remember 15 years back that the info was imbedded in all new cds and came up on the display automatically.
I don't think that the Chrysler systems are compatable with CD text, which I think was a Sony feature. They probably need that built in to the chip inside the unit, whereas the MP3 ID stuff will be a standard feature for most things which play MP3s

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have written standard audio CD's on my PC and it picks up the track name and artist. Not too sure about proper discs with CD text though?

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
You can write/copy a proper non MP3 CD audio disc with the likes of Nero which will pull in the artist/album/track detail from the web and it will then display on the 300C's stereo.

Stef

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can write/copy a proper non MP3 CD audio disc with the likes of Nero which will pull in the artist/album/track detail from the web and it will then display on the 300C's stereo.

Stef
I put the newly purchased cd into my sons Pioneer car stereo and it pulls up the artists name and track info etc.
So it must be the Chrysler unit that only does MP3 data, which seems a bit outdated as my sons pioneer unit is from the 90's??

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I used Nero a few days a go to 'back up' a CD, it was set to copy the audio disc, it prompted me to obtain disc info from the internet and then copied the disc. The new disc shows album and track info in the 300C. Perhaps it's just down to the way the CD text is originally written.

Stef

·
Registered
61 Posts
Some discs show the info in my car and some don't!
Obviously all mp3's show up.

Good practise to 'back up' anyway, keep the original discs in the house.

·
Registered
41 Posts
All new CDs???
Hardly any pressed CDs have CD-Text on them, which sucks.
Maybe no-one bothers with the genres I like tho.....
I only have a couple that have CD-Text on them, the latest one I bought was u-ziq's Duntisbourn Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique, but unfortunately it also sucks, so I've only played it once.
The only other one I have is Helter Skelter vs Raindance (or similar mix cd)
As someone else mentioned, use Nero and reburn your CDs using the cddb info from the internet, and it will show up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts