Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery Fri, 480 miles today and the CEL light came on. Checked the gas cap, it's clicked. Could be bad gas? Could be?
It's not flashing and car seems to run fine. Read the manual and it said if it doesn't go away after a few cycles to take it in....as it's 5 days old, it will be going in tomorrow if it's still on in the moring.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Most items take 3 good cycles to clear if the problem is gone.

I wish they had an easy way to read the trouble codes. I could read them on my old Trams Am with a paper clip shorting two pins in the ALDL connector and counting flashes on the Check Engine Light. But I don't miss those days....

·
Registered
704 Posts
JonW said:
Most items take 3 good cycles to clear if the problem is gone.

I wish they had an easy way to read the trouble codes. I could read them on my old Trams Am with a paper clip shorting two pins in the ALDL connector and counting flashes on the Check Engine Light. But I don't miss those days....
Codes ARE easy to read if you buy a code reader for around $100. All vehicles foreign and domestic 1996 and newer have a standardized plug to check DTC's. Check out actron.com ;) or try diagnostic code readers and scan tools

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
arnoldw said:
Codes ARE easy to read if you buy a code reader for around $100. All vehicles foreign and domestic 1996 and newer have a standardized plug to check DTC's. Check out actron.com ;) or try diagnostic code readers and scan tools
I meant easier than that - you didn't need to buy a code reader to read the codes.;)

They could easily allow readout on the EVIC. But then again, they would also prefer that consumers not be able to service their own vehicles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Took delivery two weeks ago of a 300C that was not the one I ordered 14 weeks ago, but that’s another story.

While at the dealer yesterday having a back seat side panel replaced for a rip, the CEL stayed on after I started the car to leave. Dealer immediately wired my C and told me the code was for the oil pressure sensor two hundred miles ago. They did their checks and put me back on the road. Why the CEL came on after two hundred miles is still a mystery.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Percepty - I noticed a small tear in the side of the rear back seat when I pulled down to clean the rear window. You can't see it with the seat in the upright position. Is this where your tear was? Didn't know if I did it by pulling the seat down or if it was already there. Is this something that is easily replaced? I wonder if this is a problem with other 300C's?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
JonW said:
I meant easier than that - you didn't need to buy a code reader to read the codes.;)

They could easily allow readout on the EVIC. But then again, they would also prefer that consumers not be able to service their own vehicles.
You said it brother, can't even check the trans fluid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The small tear I had was between the rear fold down seat back and the door on the driver’s side. It was the size of a #1 flat screwdriver blade. It was about two inches above the seat cushion and an inch to the right from the seat back. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Called local dealer (bought from a dealer 200 miles away because they did much better on price and were MUCH nicer and easier to deal with).

After he asked if I had bought the car there (I said no), he asked if I had filled with gas (I told him I thought the cap was tight), and he said if the car is running fine (it is) and it's still on in 2 days to call - but it could take a day or so to clear.

I hope the local 5 star doesn't hold it against me that I didn't buy from them...

****UPDATE - CEL light went off after gas fill. I'll be using 89 octane (no more 91), and clicking the cap 4x's from now on.

·
Registered
333 Posts
5point7,

Make sure you are not using gas-a-hol crap. I can and does make a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts