Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear center (interior) brake light on my 2006 Chrysler 300 isn't working.

#1 Is there a fuse or something I can test/replace for it?

#2 how can I test the LED strip itself to see if it needs to be replaced?

THANKS

·
Registered
251 Posts
just looking real quick, try fuse 19 in the PDC. other wise since your car is an 06 i am assuming it is still under warranty and i would take it to the dealership.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Yep, I agree that it's fuse 19 (red 10 amp) in the Rear Power Distribution Centre.

If it turns out to be a bad LED, the trick is the rear shelf trim panel has to be removed to get at it which sucks!

Bernie

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
The LED is not servicable BTW and the unit must be replaced. If you're still under warranty your best bet is to have the dealer look into it as saleensean pointed out.

Bernie

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I agree that it's fuse 19 (red 10 amp) in the Rear Power Distribution Centre.

If it turns out to be a bad LED, the trick is the rear shelf trim panel has to be removed to get at it which sucks!

Bernie

Where can I get a LIST of fuses and their functions.
I had a problem before with the rear fuse box - the fuse blew and my entire steering colum + the mirror control was offline. The dealer put in a 20 amp and it blew. I changed that to a 30 and never had another problem.

Where can I get the fuse list?

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Where can I get a LIST of fuses and their functions.
I had a problem before with the rear fuse box - the fuse blew and my entire steering colum + the mirror control was offline. The dealer put in a 20 amp and it blew. I changed that to a 30 and never had another problem.

Where can I get the fuse list?
Right Here...

Bernie

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have Normgarry's same problem. Is the first PDF all you need to access the light? I've just been driving around with out it b/c I didnt know how to fix it...hah

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I have Normgarry's same problem. Is the first PDF all you need to access the light? I've just been driving around with out it b/c I didnt know how to fix it...hah
Yep, that's the one you need. I would first check the fuse and once you get the unit out check the connection. The LED is unserviceable, meaning if it's dead, the whole assembly needs to be replaced. For that reason, if your car is still under warranty, better to have the dealer diagnose the problem.

Bernie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts